An addictive collection of the darkly whimsical lists on mcsweeneys.net, the Web site of the publishing house launched by Dave Eggers, Mountain Man Dance Moves is the kind of book that makes you feel evangelical. First you’ll laugh helplessly over such lists as Less Popular Muppets (Spitty the Camel, Foamy the Puma). And then you’ll collar a loved one—or maybe even a stranger—and read an entry like the following (or maybe even the whole book) aloud.
SIGNS YOUR UNICORN IS CHEATING ON YOU
• Seems emotionally distant and uninterested
• Wears fancier tail ribbons
• Starts working out at the gym
• Quickly closes its laptop when you walk into its enchanted den
• Credit card bill full of charges to area elf lodges