KACEY COPPOLA’S BEACH WEDDING
With the sun shining brightly over the Sandals Grande resort in Antigua Aug. 7, the Kate and Kacey singer wed Rossi Morreale, who hosts the ABC reality show Dating in the Dark, in a surfside Christian ceremony. “It was 60 of our closest family and friends and the absolute love of my life-I could not ask for more,” says Coppola, 27, who met Rossi when she appeared on CMT’s Can You Duet in 2008. “I felt like a princess.” And what fairy-tale wedding would be complete without a horse to ride off into the sunset on? “I loved it,” she says. “When I was on it, I could see it was the cheesiest romance-novel cover!”
• Trailer Choir’s Marc Fortney (a.k.a. Butter) and Carter’s Chord’s Emily Robertson were married in a surprise ceremony Sept. 6 at 12th and Porter in Nashville. Guests at the wedding thought they were there to celebrate Fortney’s 40th birthday.
• Josh Turner and wife Jennifer are expecting their third son in January. The new baby will join brothers Hampton, 4, and 15-month-old Colby. “I love children,” said Turner. “They bring a lot of joy to the world, and they make us adults look at things in a better way. So it’s a natural thing for me and Jennifer.”
• Clay Walker has donated $50,000 to pediatric multiple sclerosis research at Stony Brook University Medical Center in Stony Brook, N.Y., through his foundation Band Against MS. Walker was diagnosed with the disease in 1996.
• Dolly Parton will star alongside Queen Latifah in the musical Joyful Noise set to begin filming in January. Parton tries to save a small-town choir threatened by budget cuts.
• Trace Adkins will play the leader of a biker gang in the legal drama The Lincoln Lawyer starring Matthew McConaughey. “I’m not trying to be Philip Seymour Hoffman playing Truman Capote,” said Adkins. “I pretty much keep things in my wheelhouse.”
• It’s a boy for Luke Bryan and wife Caroline. Tatum Christopher, born Aug. 11 in the Nashville area joins big brother Thomas Boyer, 2. “It’s going to be fun,” said Bryan. “I’ve already got new fishing spots picked out for us.”
• It’s a girl for Rascal Flatts guitarist Joe Don Rooney and wife Tiffany Fallon. Raquel Blue weighed in at 7 lbs. on Sept. 7 at 4:26 p.m. The couple already have a son, Jagger Donovan, 2.
TURNS 27 ON NOV. 10.
ALAN JACKSON, 52
JIMI WESTBROOK, 40
KEITH URBAN, 43
BRAD PAISLEY, 38
BIG KENNY, 47
Ava Katherine weighed in at 8 lbs. 2 oz. and is 19½ in. long
James Otto and wife Amy welcomed their first child, daughter Ava Katherine, Aug. 24 in Nashville. Said Otto: “I am already wrapped around her tiny finger.”