- GOOD KIDMAN
- Hooray for Nicole Kidman. She is a role model for all. An actress who is beautiful, classy, extremely talented and, most of all, a very involved and caring mother to her two children. She keeps getting better and better.
- Susan Reichstein, Houston, Texas
- If you ask me, happiness and love are long overdue for Nicole Kidman. Is there anyone else so incredibly delicious as Lenny Kravitz? The rest of us should be so lucky.
- E. Lollar, Keizer, Ore.
I was astounded when I read the article “Gambling Online,” where one couple has brought suit against Visa and MasterCard for “handling betting transactions.” I doubt if either of these creditors forced Andy and Lisa Harding to gamble online. I also have a computer and live 40 minutes from two casinos. However, I realize that if I gamble and lose, I have no one to blame but myself for not knowing my limit and when to walk away.
Linda Tomporowski, Batavia, N.Y.
The Hardings should be ashamed of themselves for trying to blame their credit card company for their debt. Instead of taking responsibility for getting over $100,000 in debt, they choose to blame someone else for their lack of self-control. What kind of example are they setting for their children? When you get into trouble, look for a scapegoat?
Melissa Tierno, Lancaster, Calif.
I have a hard time feeling sorry for these grown people hopelessly addicted to Internet gambling. People who abuse their credit in this manner deserve to have their credit history ruined. Perhaps if they are forced to spend only the money they have, they will learn to be responsible adults.
Ann L. Robertson, Phoenix, Ariz.
- BRITNEY’S SINS
- In a world where morals and values are overshadowed by sex, violence and drugs, it’s a shame that Britney Spears, who was once a role model for many young people, has fallen prey to the sins of this world.
- Jeannie Shiley, Winchester, Va.
If Britney truly wants to shock the world, she should try keeping her clothes on, leaving things to the imagination once in a while.
Ann Young, Logan, Utah
Thank you for your terrific article about actress and activist Alicia Silverstone. Like Alicia, I went vegan several years ago. I have lost weight, gained energy and feel more confident. Is that good or what?
Maggie Moore, Virginia Beach, Va.
A MOTHER’S ANGUISH
I know you will get lots of mail from people who will say lots of horrible things about how Marie Humbert interfered with God’s plan for her son. No one could possibly understand the anguish of seeing a loved one in a state of physical ruin and pain unless they have lived it themselves. It’s wrong to make judgments about Marie Humbert or anyone else who helps their loved one die. I’m sure that even if Ms. Humbert is charged with murder and has to spend the rest of her life in prison, she’ll consider it a fair trade for the life sentence her son escaped.
Lisa Bentivenga, Tampa, Fla.
As a 37-year-old, happily married mother of three boys, it’s been a long time since I’ve ripped out a page from a magazine and taped it up in my room. Thanks for page 87. Julian McMahon…what a hunk!
Robin D. Brill, Marietta, Ga.