- CHRISTINA’S BACHELORETTE WEEKEND
- Halloween was perfectly timed for Christina Aguilera and Jordan Bratman’s combined bachelor-bachelorette party. On Oct. 28 the playful pair (who will wed later this year) checked into the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino’s penthouse suite, complete with pool table, Jacuzzi, bowling alley and a lingerie gift basket. The next night a costumed crew of 50—including a “Prince,” a “Donatella Versace,” a “Venus Williams” and Aguilera in a naughty nurse number that barely covered her backside—dined at Nobu before packing Body English’s VIP balcony for champagne and specialty shots until 3 a.m. After that? Bowling in Christina’s suite, of course.
- 1789 RESTAURANT, WASHINGTON, D.C., Oct. 25
- Nicole Kidman wears a long black dress to an intimate dinner with a casually attired Keith Urban at the historic Georgetown restaurant. The occasion? The eve of Urban’s 38th birthday and a temporary goodbye: The country singer starts his tour Nov. 3, while Kidman remains in D.C. to film The Visiting….
TAO, N.Y.C., Oct. 28
Usher and model girlfriend Eishia Brightwell share a quiet dinner together before heading to Marquee….
AER, N.Y.C., Oct. 29
Singer-actor Jared Leto doesn’t turn up at his band’s afterparty. Why? Close pal Lindsay Lohan phoned him in his limo to divert him to Bungalow 8 instead. There, Leto’s former flame Ashley Olsen plunked down at their banquette, and we hear all three talked awkwardly into the wee hours.
- HILLARY’S 10-YEAR PLAN
- Is Hilary Duff hitting the wall at 18? “I feel lucky to have my job, but I also feel like I’m working my life away sometimes,” the singer-actress told Insider at a Children Affected by AIDS Foundation benefit during a short break from her world tour. “I don’t want to be touring in 10 years with a family. If I could do a couple of movies a year and just chill out, I’d love that. That’s what I’m working so hard for right now.” Helping her cope in the meantime? “A good boyfriend,” says her beau, Good Charlotte’s Joel Madden. The two plan to spend four days together later this month when his tour stops in Brazil. On Thanksgiving, they’ll dig in at Duff’s house with both their families. Never mind that Duff says she’s “a terrible cook.”
- SANDRA + JESSE: DAPPER DUO
- Newlyweds Sandra Bullock and Jesse James made a sharp pair—she in Valentino, he eschewing biker gear for a tux—at Fashion Group International’s Night of Stars in N.Y.C. Oct. 27. So, did Sandra dress up her husband? “Absolutely not—the man’s got better taste than I do,” Bullock says. The couple held hands at the event, where Bullock received an award for her support of the Red Cross. “I don’t believe in awards,” she says. “I sign a check, but [other people] do the work.”