Entertaining, Food, Travel and Home
For more celebrity recipes, visit people.com /greatideas
Grilled Balsamic Vegetables
THE STAR OF COOKING CHANNEL’S REV RUN’S SUNDAY SUPPERS SHARES A FAMILY-FAVORITE RECIPE
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 lb. asparagus, trimmed
2 yellow squash, sliced (½-in. thick)
2 zucchini, sliced (½-in. thick)
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat grill or grill pan to 350°. In a small saucepan combine garlic and balsamic vinegar and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until syrupy. Set aside and keep warm.
2. In a large bowl toss asparagus, squash and zucchini with olive oil. Season with oregano, salt and pepper to taste, and toss to coat.
3. Grill vegetables, 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Transfer vegetables to a platter, drizzle with balsamic dressing, and serve immediately.
Serves: 4 to 6
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
A Low-Carb, Big-Flavor Dinner
THE CHEF AND AUTHOR OF COOK YOUR BUTT OFF! PUTS A GLUTEN-FREE SPIN ON A TAKEOUT CLASSIC
Turkey Fried ‘Rice’
Per serving: 180 calories, 2g fat, 22g protein, 7.75g fiber, 23g carbs
8 oz. lean ground turkey
½ head cauliflower, grated in food processor until it resembles rice
½ tsp. kosher salt
6 cups fresh stir-fry vegetable medley, roughly chopped
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh ginger
1 tbsp. finely chopped garlic
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. (gluten-free) tamari soy sauce
2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, quartered
1. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, while breaking up in the pan with a wooden spoon, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and reserve.
2. Increase the heat to high and spray the pan again. Add the cauliflower and cook until slightly softened but still crunchy, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the turkey and toss with salt.
3. Spray the pan again and add vegetables, ginger and garlic and cook until charred and softened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Push the vegetables to one side of the pan. Spray the open space with cooking spray and add the egg. Let cook for about 30 seconds then scramble to break up. Add the turkey and cauliflower to the egg and stir until the egg is cooked through, about 30 seconds.
4. Add soy sauce and mix to coat the mixture evenly. Serve with chopped cilantro and lime.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes