From Olivier Martinez’s Restaurant
A popular dish straight from the menu of Martinez’s Miami hot spot Villa Azur Restaurant & Lounge
Makes 4 servings
1.75 oz. dried morels or a mixture of dried mushrooms
1 large shallot, diced
3½ tbsp. butter
1 cup white wine
2 cups heavy cream
1 lb. rigatoni
1. In a bowl, soak mushrooms in enough warm water to cover for at least 1 hour. Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking water.
2. In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat butter over medium-high heat and sauté mushrooms and shallots until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Add white wine and cook until wine evaporates, 5 to 6 minutes. Add soaking water and cook until water evaporates, about 8 minutes. Lower heat to medium. Pour in cream and cook until sauce has thickened and is light brown in color, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Meanwhile, prepare rigatoni according to package directions. Drain and pour into a serving bowl. Mix in sauce and serve.
PEANUT BUTTER S’MORES
The executive chef of New York City’s Hill Country shares a ‘crowd-pleaser’
½ (14.4-oz.) box graham crackers
Chocolate ganache or hazelnut-chocolate spread
Raspberry, strawberry or grape jelly
Mini chocolate chips
1. Break a graham cracker in half. Spread a generous teaspoon of peanut butter on 1 cracker half and a teaspoon of chocolate on the other half.
2. Spread a thin layer of jelly over the peanut butter and a thicker layer of marshmallow creme on the chocolate.
3. Place the 2 halves together and press gently to seal the filling. For a more finished presentation, dip the sticky edges of each s’more in sprinkles or mini chocolate chips.
CELEBRATE SPA WEEK!
From Oct. 14–20 spas across the country are offering discounted treatments during Spa Week. For a list of participating spas and services, go to spaweek.com
Spaweek.com is giving readers an exclusive chance to win a 5-night vacation for two at the Esperanza Resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, visited by celebs like Fergie and Josh Duhamel. The package, valued at $8,500, includes a 90-minute couple’s massage and unlimited yoga, Pilates and fitness classes
Go to spaweek.com/cabo to enter and for more details. The sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. EST on Sept. 25, 2013, and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Oct. 20, 2013. Must be a resident of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec) and 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Go to spa week.com/cabo for the official rules. Spa Week Media Group Ltd. is solely responsible for the administration of this promotion.
PENELOPE & THE BEAUTY BAR, SEATTLE
Visited by: Molly Mesnick
Discounted services include: Nonsurgical face-lift
Spa Week price: $50 (originally $135)
JURLIQUE, SANTA MONICA
Visited by: Christa B. Allen
Discounted services include: 50-minute Signature Revitalizing Facial.
Spa week price: $50 (originally $95)
The Caudalie Vinothérapie Spa in N.Y.C. (Tyra Banks is a fan) is offering 20% off their Beauty Elixir (regular price $49) from now until Oct. 20. Go to us.caudalie.com/beauty-elixir-full-size.html and enter code PeopleMag13 at checkout.