‘The rich sweetness of chocolate is the perfect thing to indulge in on Valentine’s Day,’ says the Aussie chef and new dad
DARK CHOCOLATE & AMARETTO FONDUE
1 cup heavy cream
8 oz. dark chocolate (60 percent cacao), very finely chopped
1/3 cup amaretto liqueur
1. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot and almost simmering, about 4 minutes.
2. Place chocolate in a medium bowl and slowly pour hot cream on top, stirring constantly until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
3. Heat amaretto in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring it almost to a boil.
4. Slowly stir hot amaretto into chocolate mixture. Serve.
What to Dip?
Stone recommends macaroons, dried apricots, figs, sliced bananas and candied orange slices.
BREAKFAST IN BED
‘For a little extra romance, cut the bread with a heart-shaped cookie cutter,’ suggests Lee
OPEN-FACED EGGS FLORENTINE
½ cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 ½-in.-thick slices crusty bread
2 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened, plus more to fry eggs
6 large eggs
6-8 oz. steamed and drained baby spinach (about 1 cup)
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. In a bowl, combine ricotta and Parmesan. Place bread slices on baking sheet; spread with softened butter and equal amounts cheese mixture. Bake until cheese is bubbly and bread is crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. While bread is baking, fry eggs sunny-side up.
4. Top each slice with steamed spinach and a fried egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve.
Adapted from Katie Lee’s The Comfort Table, published by Simon Spotlight Entertainment
Reigning rose-giver (and winery owner) Ben Flajnik offers up his suggestions for uncorking a memorable night
Wines from Flajnik’s vineyards are available at envolvewinery.com
THE PERFECT RED
Flajnik is a big fan of this merlot-centric blend because “it’s fruity with chocolate notes.” 2009 Sonoma Red Blend, $22 per bottle; highway12winery.com
A GREAT WHITE
“If you’re having hors d’oeuvres, you want the wine to be on the lighter side,” he says. “This white is great.” 2010 Benziger Sauvignon Blanc, $25; benziger.com
“I love the wines from Imagery Estate,” says Flajnik. “Their rose is one of my favorites.” Aleatico Rose, $25; imagerywinery.com
The Bravo star and celeb stylist picks some home accents for Valentine’s Day. ‘Red is a good mood color,’ he says
A GLAM TOUCH
“I love things with a sense of humor,” says Goreski of this quirky office accessory. Red Shoe Tape Dispenser, $8.99; officedepot.com
COZY AND COOL
“There’s nothing sweeter than sharing a blanket with your loved one,” says Goreski. “This throw will jazz up your space.” Zig Zag Throw, $295; jonathanadler.com
Add color to the kitchen with this “sleek and beautiful” kettle, he says. “It’s like fashion meets function.” DeLonghi KMix Electric Kettle, $79.99; amazon.com
“I love personalized things,” says Goreski, who suggests using these plates as a catchall on a desk. Red Letter Plates, $45 each; johnderian.com
“I have tons of stationery,” he says. “It’s a nice thing to have around to spread the love past Valentine’s Day.” Spade Notecards, $18; katespade.com
Create ambience with this candle that Goreski calls “floral but also a bit musky,” Tubereuse Rouge Candle, $90; diptyqueparis.com
It’s a Brad, Brad World airs Mondays at 10 p.m. EST/PST