Pioneer Woman’s PANCAKES
Popular blogger turned Food Network star Ree Drummond shares one of her favorite breakfast recipes. “The sweet lemon and explosion of blueberry is delicious,” she says
LEMON BLUEBERRY PANCAKES
Makes 12 pancakes
1½ cups, plus 1 tbsp. cake flour
¼ tsp. salt
1 tbsp. (heaping) baking powder
3 tbsp. sugar
1½ cups evaporated milk, plus more if necessary
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 large egg
1½ tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. butter, melted
1 cup (heaping) blueberries
Maple or pancake syrup
1. Heat griddle or skillet over medium low heat. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and sugar in a medium-size bowl.
2. In another bowl combine evaporated milk, lemon juice and zest. Let rest for about 4 minutes. Add egg, vanilla, and melted butter.
3. Gently combine wet and dry ingredients. Add more evaporated milk if mixture is too thick. Stir in blueberries.
4. Melt a dab of butter in heated skillet. Drop batter by ¼ cupful and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
5. Serve with softened butter and warm syrup.
Pioneer Woman airs Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. ET/PT on the Food Network
GET THE LOOK!
INSIDE MY HOME
The singer-whose latest album, Stories to Tell, features his greatest hits-shows off the traditional style of his Chicago-area abode
“I started collecting all kinds of toy and ceramic horses when I was young,” he says.
Marx, who’s been married to actress Cynthia Rhodes (Dirty Dancing) for 22 years, credits his wife for his home’s “warm and elegant” decor.
Adjustable Tufted Style Italian Leather High Back Office Chair, $250; kmart.com
CLASSIC AREA RUG
“You can feel the history in this house,” says Marx, who kept the home’s original floors.
Minaret rug, $349; homedecorators.com
Faux driftwood horse, $40; zgallerie.com