A Celebrity Guide to … VALENTINE’S DAY
Upgrade the usual flowers and candy routine with romantic tips from Michael Bublé and more
Michael Buble’s Mood Music
“Whatever It Takes”
“We Make a Lot of Love”
HARRY CONNICK JR.
These sweethearts regularly stock up on Oreos double-dipped in organic chocolate.
$3 each; compartes.com
HEIDI KLUM & SEAL
Last Feb. 14, Mr. and Mrs. Samuel sent a heart-shaped box of truffles to pals David and Victoria Beckham.
$40 for 16; compartes.com
Demi and Ashton’s florist Eric Buterbaugh says: “Monochromatic tulips are amazing. And more is more.”
Alison Sweeney’s …
LOW-CAL MEAL FOR FOUR UNDER $10
The Biggest Loser host shares a healthy chicken and veggie recipe
ONLY 360 CALORIES
GREEN BEANS WITH CHICKEN AND CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE
• 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 to 4 breasts)
• 1 tbsp. olive oil, plus some for drizzling
• 1 lemon
• 6 oz. fresh green beans (½ cup per person)
• ½ cup fresh feta cheese, crumbled
• 1 tomato, chopped
• ½ avocado (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Broil chicken with a dash of olive oil and lemon slices on top for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the chicken halfway through, and squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken. Cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
2. When chicken is almost done broiling, drop green beans in boiling water and boil for 1 to 2 minutes. Strain green beans, taking them out while they’re still bright green and crispy. Toss them into a bowl with 1 tbsp. of olive oil, crumbled feta and chopped tomato. You want the green beans to still be warm when you do this to melt the cheese slightly. If desired, slice the ½ avocado and add it in.
3. When chicken is done, cut into pieces and toss in with green bean mixture. Serve.
Tune in to The Biggest Loser on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. on NBC.
CHEAP & FANCY
At Cube Marketplace & Cafe in L.A., regular T.R. Knight can’t get enough of the black truffle pizza. At home enjoy their ready-to-bake version.
Black Truffle frozen pizza, $13; cubemarketplace.com
MY FAVORITE WINE
Wine enthusiast Regina King recommends TWIN VINES Vinho Verde from Portugal. “It does not give you a headache and it’s delicious,” she says. “For those who love Pinot Grigio, this is the wine for you.” $6.99 per bottle; jmftwinvines.com
Catch Regina King on Southland airing Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET on TNT.
SPECIAL SUPER BOWL EDITION!
Serena Williams …
MY GUIDE TO MIAMI
The tennis champ picks the top spots in her town, which is hosting Super Bowl XLIV
“I love this spot because it’s really posh; you can dine and really enjoy the scene. My favorite dish is the Mango Chicken because of its unique fruity and spicy flavors.”
“I love hanging out at the beach in front of this hotel,” Williams says.
VILLAGE OF MERRICK PARK
“It’s a massive mall that has great stores, with an outdoor feel. The ambience is beautiful, and I never walk away empty-handed!”
SUPER BOWL SOUVENIRS
Can’t make it to the big game? Pretend you were there with these items from nflshop.com
Super Bowl XLIV Women’s High Pitch Top; $31.99
Super Bowl XLIV Tailgate Set; $29.99