Prepare ahead of time!
â¢ 3 lbs. chicken wings
â¢ 3 tbsp. salt
â¢ 3 tbsp. freshly cracked black pepper
1. At home, preheat the oven to 350Â°F. Season wings with salt and pepper. Arrange wings on a baking sheet. Put in the preheated oven and cook for 45 minutes.
2. Remove the wings from the oven to a bowl and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate until ready to finish at the event on the barbecue.
3. Meanwhile, pack the ingredients for three different sauces (see recipes below) in separate resealable gallon-size plastic bags.
4. At the tailgate, preheat a grillâdesigned for indirect heatâto 350Â° F. Cook wings for 10 to 15 minutes to reheat and get some grill marks, turning after 7 minutes. Remove the wings from the grill to a serving dish. Divide up the wings into 1-lb. portions, add one sauce to each and toss to combine.
Fieri has three shows on the Food Network, including Guy’s Big Bite, which airs Sundays at 11 a.m.
Guy Fieri’s GAME DAY WINGFEST!
Tailgaiting before kickoff? The Food Network chef gives his recipe for chicken wings three ways
Pour it on at the game!
TEQUILA LIME SAUCE
â¢ Â½ cup lime juice
â¢ Â¼ cup tequila
â¢ 1 tbsp. agave nectar
â¢ 1 tsp. lime zest
â¢ 1 tsp. ground cumin
â¢ 1 tsp. adobo sauce
â¢ Â½ tbsp. freshly cracked pepper
â¢ Â½ tsp. salt
â¢ Â¼ cup ketchup
â¢ Â½ cup red wine vinegar
â¢ Â¼ tsp. red chili flakes
â¢ 1 tbsp. adobo sauce
â¢ 1 tsp. dry mustard
â¢ 2 tsp. granulated garlic
â¢ 1 tsp. sugar
â¢ 2 tbsp. soy sauce
â¢ Â¼ cup honey
â¢ 2 tsp. lime zest
â¢ 3 tbsp. lime juice
â¢ Â¼ cup fresh orange juice
â¢ 1 tbsp. grated ginger
â¢ 1 tsp. chili garlic paste
â¢ Â½ tsp. sesame oil
â¢ Â½ tsp. dried oregano
â¢ Â½ tsp. ground cumin
â¢ Â½ tsp. granulated garlic
Mary Giuliani’s …
LUNCH FOR FOUR UNDER $10
Who says the feast has to end on Thanksgiving? This caterer-to-the-stars has a crowd-pleasing plan for leftovers
Make the most of your leftovers!
TURKEY WITH CRANBERRY ON MINI PUMPKIN MUFFINS
â¢ 1Â¾ cups all-purpose flour
â¢ Â½ cup brown sugar
â¢ 1 tsp. baking powder
â¢ Â½ tsp. baking soda
â¢ Â½ tsp. salt
â¢ Â½ tsp. cinnamon
â¢ Â¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
â¢ Â¾ cup canned pumpkin
â¢ 2/3 cup milk
â¢ Â½ cup vegetable oil
â¢ 2 large eggs, beaten
â¢ Leftover turkey
â¢ Leftover cranberry sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350Â°. Grease mini-muffin tin (12 mini muffins in a tin).
2. In a bowl, stir flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In a separate bowl, stir pumpkin, milk, oil and eggs until blended.
4. Stir flour into pumpkin mixture.
5. Fill muffin tins Â¾ full.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Recipe makes 24, so if using a 12-muffin tin, repeat.
7. Once cool, cut muffins in half horizontally.
Place sliced turkey and cranberry sauce on bottom half. Replace muffin top.
MINI GRILLED CHEESE WITH CRANBERRY, TURKEY & BRIE
â¢ 12 slices pumpernickel bread, cut in quarters
â¢ Â½ cup leftover cranberry sauce
â¢ Â½ lb. Brie
â¢ Leftover turkey meat
â¢ 4 tbsp. butter
1. Lay out 6 slices of bread. Dot each with a tablespoon of cranberry sauce, an even amount of Brie and leftover turkey. Top with remaining 6 slices of bread.
2. Melt butter in skillet (be careful not to burn). When butter starts sizzling, add sandwiches, and cook until golden brown. Remove from skillet and cut into quarters.
3. Sandwiches can be grilled anytime. If prepared ahead of time, when ready to serve, place on a baking sheet and reheat at 300Â°.
David Stark …
JAZZ UP YOUR TABLE!
The A-list party planner sets the scene for an elegant meal
Tips for setting the perfect table…
â¢ Ditch the old tablecloth. Dress up a solid-color sheet with a pretty runner instead.
â¢ Display a range of small and large objects to create a “still life” effect.
â¢ Mix materials. Layer metallics and naturals, ceramics and wood.
â¢ Flowers last five days. Go for gourds, which can last six weeks.
1 BACK TO NATURE
“Craft-store wood makes memorable chargers,” says Stark. Basswood Country Rounds, $4.99-11.99; walnuthollow.com
2 TWINE AND DANDY
“Showcase single branches in bottles,” says Stark, who has worked with BeyoncÃ©. “It’s a modern way to look at flowers.” Twine-wrapped bottles, $9-12; westelm.com for stores
3 PLAYING WITH FIRE
“Candlelight is instant magic,” says Stark. These add a touch of glitz, “but solid pillar candles would be just as gorgeous.”
Gold flower candle lanterns, $12-34; westelem.com
The David Stark Collection is at West Elm stores through Jan. 1
From the wedding registry of…
Before Mad Men actress Elisabeth Moss and SNL funnyman Fred Armisen got married on Oct. 25, they asked friends and family to gift them with these retro-chic housewares. Seems the bride’s ’60s-set decor has made quite an impression.
Kate Spade Madison Square Double Old-Fashioned glass, $25; bloomingdales.com. PB Grand Phone, $59; potterybarn.com