Celeb Chef Meals
Chefs for Humanity founder CAT CORA, 47, with wife JENNIFER, 43, and kids (from left) NASH, 5, THATCHER, 5, ZORAN, 10, and CAJE, 7
“When feeding four hungry boys, it’s great to have an easy recipe in my back pocket that they all love.”
ORANGE BLUEBERRY GRANOLA PANCAKES
Serves 6 to 8
1 cup whole grain or all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. sugar
¼ tsp. each salt and baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp. melted butter
1 tsp. orange zest
1 tsp. butter
½ cup granola
½ cup fresh blueberries
1. Whisk together flour and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients; stir into flour mixture, just until blended.
3. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Dot pan with butter; swirl to coat.
4. Spoon ¼ cup batter for each pancake onto skillet; sprinkle with about 1 tbsp. granola and blueberries. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side. Remove from pan and keep warm until ready to serve. Repeat process with remaining batter, granola and blueberries. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Cohost of Food Network’s The Kitchen MARCELA VALLADOLID, 36, with son FAUSTO, 10
“My son likes to get messy and use his hands. Making this pizza gives him a sense of accomplishment—and keeps him busy!”
“This is the perfect opportunity to introduce a new vegetable—kids are more likely to try food they have prepared.”
TOMATO-ARUGULA PIZZA WITH CILANTRO PESTO
1½ cups packed cilantro leaves
½ cup firmly packed cotija or feta cheese crumbles
1/3 cup sunflower seeds, roasted and salted
1½ tbsp. fresh lime juice
½ jalapeño, seeded and chopped
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Freshly ground pepper
1 (12-in.) prepared whole-wheat pizza crust
6 oz. Oaxaca cheese, shredded
1 cup arugula
½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup fresh corn kernels
Red wine vinegar
Extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 475˚. Combine cilantro and next 4 ingredients in a food processor bowl; pulse until blended. With machine running, gradually add ¾ cup olive oil, processing until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup cilantro mixture; cover and chill remaining mixture up to 1 week.
2. Place pizza crust on baking sheet; brush with 2 tsp. olive oil. Spread reserved pesto over crust, leaving a ½-in. border; sprinkle with Oaxaca cheese.
3. Bake pizza at 475˚ for 6 to 7 minutes or just until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Top with arugula, cherry tomatoes and corn. Drizzle with red wine vinegar and remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
“The tomatoes and kale are hardly cooked at all, so they stay nice and fresh—and healthy!”
Food Network’s Pioneer Woman REE DRUMMOND, 45, with husband LADD, 45, and kids (from left) ALEX, 17, PAIGE, 15, BRYCE, 11, and TODD, 10
“This is one of my favorite quick dinners; my kids love the simple but delicious flavors.”
Serves 8 to 10
1 (16-oz.) package whole-wheat penne pasta
4 (6-oz.) skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut in 1-in. pieces
Freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp. each extra-virgin olive oil and unsalted butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
¾ cup dry white wine
5 oz. kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup (4 oz.) shaved Parmesan cheese
Garnish: shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain. Return pasta to Dutch oven; cover and keep warm.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in a single layer in hot oil and melted butter in a large skillet over high heat, without stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn chicken; cook 2 minutes or until done. Transfer chicken to a plate.
3. Add garlic to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, 30 seconds. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet. Simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add kale, stirring until kale wilts.
4. Add kale mixture to reserved pasta. Stir in tomatoes, 1 cup shaved Parmesan and reserved chicken; toss gently. Top and serve with additional shaved Parmesan, if desired.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes