GET MORE STAR BEAUTY EVERY DAY!
STAR OF THE WEEK
When Nicole Richie isn’t working on her new fragrance or clothing lines, she’s catching up on her guilty TV pleasure: Desperate Housewives!
• The one item I take from my husband’s [Joel Madden] closet is … his pullover sweaters. I love a big sweater.
• My style splurge is … bags. I can’t say no to an iconic bag, especially while my husband is out of town!
• My must-have products include … Rosebud Salve lip balm, Dove dry shampoo and M.A.C liquid eye liner.
• When it comes to makeup … I know how to do a cat eye and red lip-stick. Other than that, I really don’t know what I’m doing.
• Since becoming a mom, my style … hasn’t changed at all. I’ve always been one to dress for comfort.
• The first thing I do after I put my kids [Harlow, 4, and Sparrow, 3] to bed is … watch an episode of Desperate Housewives. I know, I’m late.
• Balancing work with motherhood is … a challenge. Sometimes I work nights when my family’s asleep, but I’m young. I have the energy now. I’ll slow down when I need to.
STYLE SNEAK PEEK!
The Fashion Star mentor, 30, brings her boho aesthetic to Nicole Richie for Macy’s Impulse-a “print-heavy” capsule collection designed for “the girl who loves mixing and matching,” says Richie, who’s also launched the Nicole Richie Collection for QVC.
Nicole Richie for Macy’s Impulse Feather Print Asymmetrical Dress, $69; macys .com starting on Sept. 12
Smith’s Rosebud Salve, $6; sephora.com
Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in On the Hunt, $18.50; maccosmetics.com
Richie describes her fragrance as “sweet, warm and multidimensional.”
Nicole by Nicole Richie, $69 for 3.4 oz.; macys.com
Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo, $3.99; at drugstores
When a relationship ends, some stars amp up the va-va-voom factor. Others just try to put on a brave face. What Not to Wear pro Carmindy examines three post-split looks
Best-known for her makeovers on TLC’s What Not to Wear, the New York City-based makeup artist is also the author of three beauty books.
INDIE TO INVISIBLE
“Hipster cool” pre-scandal, Stewart now stays under wraps in a baseball hat and shades. “She’s saying, ‘It’s not time to put myself out there yet,'” says Carmindy.
SOFT TO SEXY
Since McCarthy’s August split with Brian Urlacher, “she wants to draw attention with straight hair and smoky come-hither eyes,” says Carmindy. “This is a woman who is saying, ‘Next!'”
GIRLY TO EDGY
With her asymmetrical bangs, strong brow, studs and cross, “Katy Perry is showing her edge with this look,” says Carmindy.