The 36-year-old has been friends with the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star for years and has styled various celebrities.
A source told PEOPLE Harouche was asleep when she heard commotion.
“She locked herself in another room and they apparently didn’t know Simone was there,” the source said. “She called Pascal for help and he raced back to the apartment.”
Here are six things to know about Harouche:
1. She has high-profile clients.
Harouche’s clientele includes Christina Aguilera, Nicole Richie, Jennifer Lopez, Ashley Tisdale, the Kardashians and Miley Cyrus since 2008.
2. Harouche owns a line of handbags.
The stylist is based in Los Angeles and has her own line of Simone Camille handbags. She also collaborated with Richie on her House of Harlow line and The Hollywood Reporter named her in the Top 25 Most Powerful Stylists.
3. She’s married with two children.
Her husband is Marc Bretter and their children are son Dashiel, 4, and daughter Azian, 2.
4. She graduated from Parsons School of Design.
After studying journalism and photography, she started styling in 2002.
5. Her first big break came from working with Christina Aguilera.
Aguilera was promoting her Back to Basics album which was released in 2006. The album received a nomination for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 2007 Grammy Awards and won Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.
6. Harouche and Kardashian West have been best friends since childhood.
A tweet posted by the reality star in 2012 said the two were “elementary school sweethearts.”
– Reporting by Karen Mizoguchi