With the same tenacious spirit that inspired Noah Calhoun to write Allie Hamilton a letter every day for a year (365 letters! “It wasn’t over! It still isn’t over!”), we’re holding on to hope Ryan Gosling will have some form of involvement in the recently announced TV adaptation of The Notebook.
In addition to some serious Gosling screen time, there are many, many moments from Nicholas Sparks’ heartbreaker we’re hoping to see in the series, which The CW is developing based on the 1996 novel and 2004 sleeper hit film. (Sparks will serve as an executive producer on the project.) Spoiler alert: We are formally requesting lots and lots of tears.
1. When Noah jumped on a Ferris wheel just to ask Allie out, as one does.
2. And then he didn’t even get mad about being pantsed.
3. When he asked Allie to dance in the street, which was casual.
4. And she said yes, and everything made sense.
5. When Allie got ice cream all over Noah’s face, but he didn’t care because love can be messy sometimes.
6. When Noah said he was a bird, and our hearts skipped at least one beat.
7. When he and Allie couldn’t get enough of each other and neither could we.
RELATED VIDEO: Ryan Gosling’s Changing Looks!
8. When he fought with Allie while still somehow managing to be cute.
9. And then when he fought for Allie.
10. When he built Allie her dream house. (We’re not crying, YOU’RE CRYING.)
11. When he took Allie on a magical duck-filled boat ride, and it looked like a fairytale.
12. And, of course, when he landed this rain-soaked, long-overdue, undeniably perfect kiss that made us believe in love again.
Bonus: When Rachel McAdams and Gosling won the MTV Movie Award for best kiss – and then won our hearts forever.