People

Stay Connected

Subscribe

Advertise With Us

Learn More

Skip to content

TV

Teresa & Joe Giudice Tell Andy Cohen: We Have Never Lived Beyond Our Means

Updated

Splash News Online

Teresa and Joe Giudice have broken their silence.

Following a fraud indictment last month that left the couple facing fifty years in jail, the Real Housewives of New Jersey stars, who have stayed mum since, opened up to Andy Cohen on Sunday night’s episode of Watch What Happens Live.

“It’s devastating,” Teresa, 41, said in the interview. “I have anxiety and sleepless nights. I used to sleep like a baby, now I get up.”

But the mom of four daughters, who calls herself the “rock” of her family, is staying strong despite the stress of the case. “I’m a big girl and I have an attorney and we are going to fight this.”

The 39-count indictment alleges the couple lied about multiple income sources, engaged in mail and wire fraud, bank fraud and bankruptcy fraud, but Joe, 43, defended the family’s spending habits.

“We have never lived beyond our means,” he said. “Whatever I could afford to buy I would buy. We work hard, so what, we are allowed to make money. It’s part of that’s what we do, I’m a business man and I make money.

With the trial set to begin in February, the couple – who will appear next on the Housewives reunion Oct. 6 – are doing their best to maintain a normal life.

“I am not crawling under a rock and hiding,” said Teresa. “That’s not me. I am still going to be the person who I am and the day I go to court, when we resolve this, everyone will see who Joe and I really are. I am not just running away.”

PHOTOS: Teresa Giudice: From Housewife to the Big House in 5 Clicks