Stay Connected


Advertise With Us

Learn More

Skip to content


Real Housewives of N.J. Stars Sued After Brawl at the Beach


What began with a champagne toast ended in a bar room brawl for the Real Housewives of New Jersey cast – and now they’re facing a lawsuit.

In papers filed in New York State Supreme Court, Adolfo Arreola and Jason Gomez allege that a group of Real Housewives cast members beat them up after Teresa Giudice popped a bottle of champagne all over their party while in the Dominican Republic on Feb. 23.

Although the lawsuit claims the champagne “caused severe eye irritation” for Arreola’s mother-in-law, Teresa allegedly “laughed at, mocked, humiliated, insulted and physically approached” the offended party, according to the papers.

RELATED: Can Real Housewives of NJ‘s Melissa Gorga Carry a Tune?

Then, the plaintiffs allege, the men from the cast including Joe Giudice, Albert Manzo, Albie Manzo and Christopher Manzo began physically attacking the plaintiffs “without provocation.”

“They stomped on them. Kicked them. It was all brute force,” says their attorney Tom Demetrio. “And there were no criminal repercussions because the D.R. police arrested no one. That’s what’s upsetting.”

The lawsuit, which names the cast members, Bravo, the production company and the Hard Rock Hotel, is seeking unspecified damages for the plaintiff’s physical injuries.

“Bravo has not seen a copy of the complaint so we cannot comment on the specifics,” a spokesperson for the network says in a statement. “We can, however, correct the misstatements that were reported. The Real Housewives of New Jersey was NOT taping at the time the incident occurred. We believe that the settlement agreements both the plaintiffs and their lawyers previously negotiated and signed will be enforced and these claims are completely without merit.”

RELATED: Housewives and Other Bravo Stars Head to Summer Camp