In October, amid mounting allegations against film producer Harvey Weinstein, Terry Crews claimed that in 2016, a “high level Hollywood executive” had “groped my privates” at a party. Crews eventually named his alleged assailant as Adam Venit.
While many of the actor’s colleagues have chosen to remain silent about his allegation — a choice Crews has said he “understands” — some stars have publicly supported the Brooklyn Nine-Nine actor.
“Terry Crews is a stand-up guy. Literally one of the nicest people in our industry. He is honest, kind & true professional. I believe him & stand by him. #MeToo,” Gabrielle Union tweeted.
Director Paul Feig added: “I worked with @terrycrews on Bridesmaids and he is a wonderful, caring person. I fully support Terry and agree that he has not been treated with the respect due to him for coming forward. Hollywood must support all victims of sexual harassment and assault, period.”
In October, when Crews initially came forward with his accusation, he said that following the alleged assault, he spent the rest of the evening and the next day telling “everyone I knew that worked with” the executive his story.
However, the actor said he “decided not 2 take it further becuz I didn’t want 2b ostracized— par 4 the course when the predator has power n influence. I let it go. And I understand why many women who this happens to let it go.”
Following his decision to file a report with the Los Angeles Police Department in November, he named his alleged assailant as Venit — who had reportedly gone on leave from William Morris Entertainment earlier that month — during a sit-down interview with Michael Strahan on Good Morning America.
WME confirmed to ABC News that the agent “has been suspended following the internal investigation into the matter.”
Crews went on to say that he would not stand for people asking him why he didn’t come forward sooner.“I will not be shamed. I did nothing wrong, nothing,” he said.
However, on Nov. 27., Deadline Hollywood reported Venit had returned to work.