Las Vegas will become the center of the entertainment world this weekend as the MTV Music Awards take over the Palms Casino Resort.
“It’s going to be crazy,” rapper Eve told PEOPLE last week.
Unlike previous shows where everything took place in one location, Sin City’s version of the show will broadcast from several sites in the Palms, including The Pearl and a few suites in the hotel’s Fantasy Tower.
• On Friday, Diddy hosts a pre-awards party at Caesars Palace’s PURE Nightclub.
• West presides over Tao Beach Saturday afternoon before heading off to Hard Rock Hotel to perform at Rolling Stone magazine’s 40th anniversary party.
• GQ magazine has a shindig of its own on Saturday at Jet Nightclub with the likes of Ludacris, Panic at the Disco, Nick Cannon and Chris Brown on hand.
• One week after Britney Spears – confirmed to be opening the VMAs – hosted the grand opening, Aguilera is hosting the festivities at Luxor’s LAX Nightclub on Saturday, with DJ Vice rocking the turntables.
• With Pete Wentz and Fall Out Boy, as well as Robin Thicke expected, the Belvedere Suite in the Palms will be at capacity late into the night on both Saturday and Sunday.
• Following Sunday night’s live show, Wynn’s new Blush Nightclub will hold the Interscope/Geffen Records party with Furtado, Adam Levine, Pharrell Williams and 50 Cent.