According to Friday morning’s report from French news outlet BFM TV, the five men that held Kardashian West at gunpoint and stole millions of dollars worth of jewelry early Monday morning appeared to have zeroed in on the reality star via her rapper husband, Kanye West, 38.
According to the report, Kardashian West, 35, and the concierge at the No Address Hotel where the incident took place told police the robbers were all European men between 40 and 50 years old and spoke French without an accent.
The men, who were disguised as police officers, reportedly came and left the scene on bicycles. According to the report, the concierge told police that upon breaking in the men demanded in French: “Where’s the rapper’s wife?“ In other words, the men might not have even known Kardashian West by name, but they were aware of her high-profile husband and knew she had jewelry and was alone that evening.
Two of the men reportedly went upstairs with the concierge to Kardashian West’s apartment and tied the reality star up. The second robber then searched the apartment for the jewelry, which was reportedly out in the open on a table. The entire operation reportedly unfolded swiftly, and all five men departed on bicycles with the stolen items.
Kardashian West then broke free from her binds and called her bodyguard Pascal Duvier, who was out with the star’s sisters Kourtney Kardashian and Kendall Jenner. Once Duvier arrived, he reportedly called the French Banditry Repression Brigade, a unit which encompasses around 100 men.
According to the BFM TV report, the operation was extremely professional and the robbers left essentially no traces or DNA.
A PEOPLE source confirms “it was a very well coordinated robbery.”
“It will take time to investigate,” says the source. “It’s a very complicated affair.”
The source says the fact that the robbers gained access under false pretenses has increasingly led police to believe there may be Pink Panther gang member involvement.
Kardashian West has kept an extremely low profile since the incident and a source told PEOPLE she has suspended all commitments indefinitely.
“Kim’s well-being is our core focus right now. No decision has been made as to when production will resume,” an E! spokesperson confirmed to PEOPLE.
RELATED VIDEO: Kim Kardashian Shared the Story Behind Her Stolen Diamond Ring Days Before the Robbery
However, despite E!’s statement, two sources tell PEOPLE the production continued after the robbery and the family filmed earlier in the week, though Kardashian West is not currently filming.
“Kim’s family filmed this week. Kim did not and she is not ready to film,” said the insider. “Filming has been halted and won’t resume until Kim is ready. There is no stress for Kim to resume filming. Everyone is understanding.”