The Kardashian-Jenner family has publicly addressed Kim Kardashian West‘s robbery for the first time.
Of how her sister is doing in the wake of the incident, Khloé, 32, admitted Kim is “not doing that well.”
“I mean, it’s incredibly traumatic what happened to her,” said the Keeping Up with the Kardashians star. “But our family is super close and great and we’ll get through it together, and we do appreciate all of your guys’ love and support and it will take time. You know, it was horrible what happened to her.”
In the days that followed, the famous family went dark on social media and while the sisters (minus Kim) have since all gradually returned to Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat, Khloé said they are definitely reevaluating their social media presence in an effort to protect themselves.
“I think it’s just a wake up call to make a lot of life adjustments,” said Khloé. “This is a really serious matter for Kim. I think that’s really personal, as to that emotional terror [and when] you could move on from that. It’s a wake up call for all of us, but definitely [the focus is] just to make sure our sister is okay.”
According to Khloé, that means scaling back somewhat on their public personas in general.
“Just [to] make sure we’re protected as well as possible,” she said. “Like I said, we’re a family, we’ll do this together. I think it’s important to make those adjustments and to pull back a little bit I think is always smart.”
Meanwhile, Kim has been keeping an extremely low profile since the ordeal. The mother of two returned to Los Angeles on Thursday, the same day that E! announced it had halted production on the family’s reality show.
A source told PEOPLE last week that while the family did indeed film after the robbery, Kim did not.
“She is not ready to film,” said the insider. “Filming has been halted and won’t resume until Kim is ready. There is no stress for Kim to resume filming. Everyone is understanding.”
Ellen airs weekdays (check local listings), and Keeping Up with the Kardashians returns Oct. 23 on E!