American Idol’s‘s list of the top 10 women is complete!
Keep reading to find out who’s in and who’s out on Idol …
Here are the five contestants who are moving on in the competition:
1. Zoanette Johnson: The Tulsa resident, 20, was the first to be put through by the judges, who showered her with praise for singing a spirited version of “Circle of Life” from The Lion King. Keith Urban declared her “queen of the jungle.” Nicki Minaj told Zoanette, “You make me so emotional … You’re the person we’re going to remember tonight.”
2. Aubrey Cleland: After singing a slowed-down version of Beyoncé‘s “Sweet Dreams,” Mariah Carey told Cleland, 19, “You’re limitless.” Nicki and Randy Jackson pointed out her commercial appeal. “Lookin’ like a current artist, soundin’ like one, feelin’ like one,” said Nicki of the performance.
3. Candice Glover: Taking on Aretha Franklin’s “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman” paid off for the singer, 23, who earned a standing ovation from Keith. Randy said she was “one of my favorite singers in the whole competition.”
4. Breanna Steer: “You’re extremely marketable and gorgeous and talented,” Mariah told the singer, 18, after she sang a dramatic version of Jazmine Sullivan’s “Bust Your Windows” that had Randy wanting to sign her up for a recording contract. “You got the whole package,” he said. “You brought so much drama.”
5. Janelle Arthur: She beat out the other country singer in the competition, Rachel Hale, for the final spot in the women’s top 10 after singing Lady Antebellum’s “Just a Kiss.” Though Randy called Arthur, 23, his “favorite country singer in this competition,” the other judges questioned her song choice. “[The song] doesn’t give you a chance to really soar,” Keith said. “The melody kept pulling you back.”
These five will join the five female finalists announced last week – Kree Harrison, Amber Holcomb, Adriana Latonio, Angela Miller and Tenna Torres – as well as the five men – Charlie Askew, Curtis Finch Jr., Paul Jolley, Elijah Liu and Devin Velez. Ten more guys will sing Thursday (8 p.m. ET) and five will move on to round out season 12’s top 20.
Did the judges make the right decisions? Sound off in the comments below.