It’s been nine long years since Gilmore Girls left our TV screens, but it’s about to make its triumphant return. And though it’s been some time since we saw what the Gilmores were up to (though we’ve scarcely been apart from them, thanks to Netflix), the lessons they taught us are still as relevant as ever.
1. One order of takeout is never enough.
2. If you’ve got a lot to say, talk fast.
3. Your parents (or grandparents) might be a little crazy, but you love them anyways.
4. Only prostitutes have two glasses of wine at lunch.
5. An addiction to coffee should be embraced.
6. Tacos fix everything.
7. The most intense friends are sometimes the best friends — or at least, the most entertaining.
8. The area underneath the floorboards makes for excellent storage (or hiding space).
9. Sometimes the right guy was there all along.
But for all the wisdom they shared, they also made a few (okay, a lot) of mistakes. For example …
1. Ultimatums rarely end well, even if you’re desperate.
2. No boy is worth missing your mom’s college graduation for.
3. Don’t sleep with your married ex.
4. Marrying your cousin is never okay.
5. And never, ever mess with Emily Gilmore.
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life premieres on Friday, November 25.