• Nicole Richie and Joel Madden, commandeering a couch in the back of West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont with a group of friends. Richie ate a salad and sipped on some white wine during her night out. She was enjoying her friends’ company when, according to an onlooker, Natalie Portman walked inside and took a seat on a nearby couch. (Portman had been laughing loudly over dinner on the patio.) The actress greeted Richie before slipping out through the crowded lobby. After Portman left, Richie and her friends relocated, bringing their party to the patio.
• Penn Badgley and Blake Lively, sitting together at an intimate screening of the rugby movie Forever Strong, in which the Gossip Girl actor sports funky facial hair. The pair whispered to other during the film, then took pictures with fans outside the Tribeca Grand Hotel, where the screening took place. Next up? An afterparty at the North Loft Penthouse of the Soho Grand.
• Rachael Ray, singing along and dancing as her husband John Cusimano and his band performed at a City Harvest charity event at New York’s Skylight Studios. When the star chef wasn’t rocking out to her hubby’s tunes, she chatted with party guests, including Chris Rock‘s wife Malaak and Alex McCord from The Real Housewives of New York City.
• Meanwhile, Helena Christensen hosted her own charity event at the Winston Wächter gallery, where she was never far away from her rocker beau Paul Banks. The supermodel auctioned off celebrity-designed VIPP waste containers at the event (created by Bono and Michael Stipe). (See more stars and their indie-rock loves!)
• Cate Blanchett, shopping in London’s Soho district at organic food store Fresh & Wild with husband Andrew Upton. The actress, in a summer dress and sunglasses, was accompanied on the shopping trip by her children and some friends.
• ANNEMARIE CRUZ, JENNIFER GARCIA, CARLOS GREER and PETE NORMAN
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.