•Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, having fun with a cute toddler at a Starbucks in Franklin, Tenn., outside of Nashville. The expectant actress – who arrived first from a back entrance – and Urban were completely engaged with a chatty little boy at the table next to them. “Nicole was very friendly but Keith seemed ga-ga!” an observer tells us. They played peekaboo with the friendly little guy, who waved and talked to them. “[Keith] had a genuine smile and he took a real interest in [him],” says the patron of the country star, who recently said he’s "learning a new vocabulary" while getting ready for baby.
• Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal, taking a yoga class together at Santa Monica studio Yogahop. “They were really cute together,” a source tells us. Witherspoon (whose divorce from Ryan Phillippe was recently finalized) is a regular at the studio, but it was Gyllenhaal’s first time there. “Reese was making sure he was comfortable,” says the source. “They left a bit early and he seemed happy to go through it and be with her. He was really nice and seemed like a really cool dude.”
• Audrina Patridge and new beau Tal Cooperman, holding hands and whispering to each other at Hollywood club Goa. The couple hung out in a booth near the dance floor with pro snowboarder (and Olympic medalist) Shaun White and a group of friends. Also making the scene: Paris Hilton and Benji Madden, who openly made out with each other on the venue’s patio, and Raven-Symoné, who gave her female friend a playful lap dance to Justin Timberlake‘s “Love Stoned.”
• Nicole Richie and Joel Madden, having an intimate lunch at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel. The two were sitting at a regular table and then asked to move to a more private booth. “They were super cute and were cuddling and kissing the whole time,” says a fellow diner.
• Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia, staying close together at the Scrabble Under the Stars charity tournament benefiting the St. Jude Children’s Hospital at a private home in Beverly Hills. The Heroes stars arrived at around 10:30 pm, and casually mingled with friends as they watched Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Skeet Ulrich and Jimmy Kimmel – who won the event – and a host of celebs test their vocabulary mettle. “They were together the whole time,” says a guest. “They didn’t leave each other’s sides.”
• Kate Bosworth and model beau James Rosseau, holding hands and being “very affectionate” at West Hollywood lounge Coco de Ville. The actress, who was celebrating the birthday of a producer pal from her movie 21, spent time catching up with costar Kevin Spacey but her focus was on Rousseau, whose hand was on her lower back as they chatted with a group of friends. “He was very attentive to her, they were very sweet and you could tell they were very much in love and comfortable together,” says a fellow guest.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, EILEEN FINAN, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARY MARGARET and RAE PARDINI
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.