• Michelle Williams and boyfriend Spike Jonze, eating breakfast at Barney Greengrass at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills. Sitting in the corner, the two tried to go incognito, but an onlooker took notice. “They were super cute,” the source says, “really adorable and enjoying each other.” After eating, the couple dropped into the men’s department for a little shopping.
• With the news of her pregnancy out, so was Nicole Richie: celebrating! The star dropped by an Oscar bash thrown by agent Patrick Whitesell, Brent Bolthouse, Mike Deluca and Rick Yorn at a private residence in the Hollywood Hills, with Joel Madden by her side. Hanging out on a white couch, Richie “looked amazing,” a source tells us, and spent most of her night chatting with Mary-Kate Olsen, though she did say a quick “hello” to Paris Hilton. Madden happily doted on Richie, too, when he wasn’t hanging with brother Benji– who stayed across the room from his ex, Hilton. The heiress reconnected instead with another ex, Stavros Niarchos. According to onlookers, the two spent the entire party intimately talking.
• Days before the big ceremony, Ashton Kutcher won the Mr. Hollywood Domino trophy at the Bally Hollywood Domino Party, benefiting the Art of Elysium, in the penthouse of the Andaz Hotel. His prize? A kiss from wife Demi Moore, who snapped his picture and posted about the game to Twitter. Inside, Kate Bosworth co-hosted the soiree, and had two male “advisers” who coached her in the game as she played.
• Penélope Cruz, commanding quite the entourage at the Vanity Fair bash inside L.A.’s Sunset Tower Hotel. The actress arrived with her mother, sister, brother and family friends, who paid tribute to the Spanish star by writing the letter “P” on their foreheads. (All except for her mother, that is!)
• Nearby, Slumdog Millionaire‘s Dev Patel and Freida Pinto made a big entrance with film’s youngest stars. “For me, the greatest moment of this whole experience was watching the young kids from Slumdog run onstage and receive all that love,” Pinto tells us, as her costars played games on cellphones. Meanwhile, Tanvi Ganesh Lonkar, who plays a younger Pinto in the film, dished about meeting Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. “I was walking on the carpet and Angelina came over and told me how wonderful I am,” she tells us. “She is the most beautiful person I saw.”
• Nominee Mickey Rourke, wandering through the lobby of the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills with a fruity drink in hand. The actor was causally dressed in a tan vest as he headed for the elevators. Later in the morning, Slumdog Millionaire stars Anil Kapoor and Madhur Mittal bounced out of a black Escalade SUV and into the hotel’s lobby, pausing to take photos with fans.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA and BRENDA RODRIGUEZ
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.