• Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, ordering practically everything on the menu during their family style meal at the Blue Duck Tavern inside Washington, D.C.’s Park Hyatt. Country’s first couple dined with Bruce Springsteen, Tom Hanks and wife Rita Wilson, among other guests, and they started their meal with a plate of sliced meat. “The servers put everything in the middle of the table, and they devoured it,” a source tells us. After the steak dinner, Hanks made sure to stop by the restaurant’s open kitchen and give his compliments to the chef. Says the source: “Everyone was having such a great time; they were very upbeat.” In fact, the group reconvened for dinner again over the weekend at Charlie Palmer Steakhouse.
• Also at Blue Duck Tavern that night: Ben Affleck, who shared dinner and wine with Curb Your Enthusiasm‘s Larry David. They ordered scallops, steak and sides of oven-roasted bone marrow with the restaurant’s signature apple pie for dessert.
• Sheryl Crow, getting topical and performing her hit “A Change Would Do You Good” during the “Hey, America Feels Kinda Cool Again” Rock the Vote concert at the 9:30 Club. The singer didn’t shy away from politics during her set, hinting at her frustration with the Bush administration. “I’m gonna sing a song called ‘Can’t Cry Anymore’ because that’s how I feel,” she told the crowd. “I’ve been crying now for eight years,” she said, “but now I’m so happy, I could scream!” Later, headliners the Beastie Boys performed a raucous hour-long set of hits – and spent their performance counting down until the Inauguration.
• Meanwhile, at Tuesday’s swearing-in ceremony at the Capitol, Beyoncé and Jay-Z had a prime view. Usher had an, um, usher help him find his seat, and Diddy took in the historic event with mom Janice Combs by his side. Afterward, Beyoncé and her hubby lunched at Acadiana with Diddy. Nearby, Courteney Cox Arquette grabbed a post-inaugural meal with David Arquette, daughter Coco, 4, and Patricia Arquette at DC Coast.
• Rosario Dawson, dancing alongside Heather Graham as Santogold and De La Soul performed at the Manifest Hope: DC Inauguration Party in Georgetown. Dawson mixed and mingled with guests like Adrian Grenier and Joy Bryant, who playfully snapped pictures of the performances with her digital camera.
• Oprah Winfrey, making small talk with Diane von Furstenberg in the VIP room of The Root Ball at the National Museum of American History. Neither sampled the half-smokes available from the legendary Ben’s Chili bowl at the party.
• John Legend, working out at VIDA Fitness at the Renaissance Hotel. The singer began with the cardio machines, wearing a black tank and gray shorts. Legend also stretched, lunged and worked on the stability balls and free weights.
• By ARNESA A. HOWELL, KRISTEN MASCIA, AMANDA ORR and ALYSSA SHELASKY
Want even more celebrity sightings from Washington? Read Tuesday’s Caught in the Act from D.C. >