• Taking a break from coaching high school football, Ashton Kutcher shared a dinner with a recovering Diddy at the Geisha House in Hollywood. The music mogul had just undergone rotator cuff surgery, sources tell us, and was on a “very strict diet.” In fact, Diddy ordered chicken yakitori and rock shrimp tempura, two house specialties, but ate very little of both dishes.
• Speaking of geishas, Avril Lavigne was dressed like one for an early Halloween celebration at Key Club in West Hollywood, where she belted out Joan Jett’s “Bad Reputation” during a special performance. The punky singer sang with a band that included her hubby Deryck Whibley, who wore a nurse’s costume and Joker-like face paint. Lavigne was introduced as “Mrs. Whibley” and “sounded amazing” during her turn on the mic, a source says. When they weren’t performing, the singer and her rocker husband shared a table at the nightspot with Mischa Barton, who was without a costume, though she did wear a headband for her night out.
• At Hyde Lounge in Los Angeles, Lindsay Lohan and girlfriend Samantha Ronson double-dated with Nicole Richie and Joel Madden. The foursome sat in a booth and enjoyed dessert. “They were having a great time hanging out with each other,” an onlooker says. When they weren’t eating, the couples danced off the calories.
• Natalie Portman, eating some pumpkin soup during a visit to French eatery comme Ça in Los Angeles. The actress dined with eight people and was definitely talking business, an onlooker says. Also at the restaurant: Courtney Love, who ordered the soup, a salad and a lemon tart. The rocker was also having a business meeting, and an onlooker reports that she had clothing samples at her table.
• Dave Annable and Matthew Rhys made the most of hosting the DKNY dinner at BondST in Los Angeles, charming the table of (mostly) ladies with a constant stream of jokes and self-deprecation. Annable got a nice surprise when he arrived to find himself sitting next to actress Emmy Rossum. “They were really cute and seemed to hit if off right away,” says a fellow guest.
• Sharon Stone, browsing the denim section at Live On Sunset in Los Angeles. The actress picked up a pair of AG jeans and “was friendly, polite, quiet and looked beautiful,” an onlooker says.
• Katie Lee Joel, grabbing a candy-themed cocktail and mingling with guests at a party for Dylan’s Candy Bar on New York’s Upper East Side. Also at the bash: Ivanka Trump and director Woody Allen, who led his children Bechet and Manzie around the store looking at the colorful candy displays with wife Soon-Yi Previn.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, JESSICA HERNDON and MARY MARGARET
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.