• After dropping off 3-year-old daughter Violet at preschool, Jennifer Garner treated herself to a relaxing manicure and pedicure at Nail Spa Lane in Santa Monica. The pregnant actress needed a little help sitting down in the spa chair, and asked for her nails to be buffed. She was “nice and friendly,” a source says, and happily chatted with employees about how excited she was about the baby on the way. Before leaving, Garner wished everyone “happy holidays.”
• Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, checking out hubby Pete Wentz‘s band Fall Out Boy play a secret show at the Troubadour in West Hollywood. The new mom arrived with her parents – Joe and Tina Simpson – to see the group preview songs off their upcoming album, Folie à Deux. But she didn’t pull an all-nighter. “They’re new parents,” the source says. “They didn’t want to be away from the baby too long.”
• Gossip Girl star Leighton Meester and boyfriend Sebastian Stan, holding hands and kissing at the show’s holiday party at Haven in Manhattan. “Leighton was the belle of the ball,” says a partygoer. “She and Sebastian got there early and were having the best time. She was dancing like crazy.” The other cozy couple on the show – Blake Lively and Penn Badgley – showed up toward the end of the night to celebrate with the cast and crew. “They were Velcro-ed to each other the whole time. They were holding hands most of the night.”
• Brody Jenner and girlfriend Jayde Nicole, stopping in at Pinkberry in Los Angeles to treat themselves to the new pomegranate flavor. Gazing into each other’s eyes as they left the store, the two were all smiles, immediately tucking into their sweet treats.
• Heroes star Milo Ventimiglia, sharing a “family” dinner with his onscreen older brother, Adrian Pasdar at Koi’s Fountain Lounge in L.A. The duo “seemed to be getting ready for a night on the town” as they dined on some signature dishes, according to a source.
• Melissa Joan Hart, taking a night off from mommy-duty to host the “Wrapped with a Bow” event benefiting the Jayneoni Moore Children’s Fund at Giggles N’ Hugs restaurant in Brentwood, Calif. The actress spent more than an hour at the “celebrity Santa’s workshop” wrapping presents that will be distributed to foster children in the L.A. area.
• Jenna Elfman and Kirstie Alley, performing skits and entertaining the crowd at the Christmas Stories XVI benefit at L.A.’s Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre International. Alley’s skit – with a French hand-shadow puppet – was a big hit, and Elfman raved about her performance, telling us, “I love live audiences.”
• By SHAYNA ROSE ARNOLD, MARISA LAUDADIO, K.C. BAKER, PERNILLA CEDENHEIM, MARY MARGARET and EUNICE OH
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.