• Eva Mendes, shading herself from the sun –and stepping out for some food in Hollywood.
• Natalie Portman, roaring with laughter on the roof deck at Cabo Cantina in Venice Beach, Calif. Sporting no makeup, the actress stood in contrast to her male companion with his shoulder-length black hair, black clothes and “guyliner,” according to an onlooker. As her pal told stories, Portman would tilt her head back and let out enormous laughs, causing other patrons to turn and look.
• Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and daughter Suri, standing up and singing along at the House of Blues’ Gospel Brunch in West Hollywood. There to celebrate Easter with Cruise’s sister and mother, the family wore all cream and shared a long, communal table in front of the stage. An onlooker tells us that Suri clapped to the music as Holmes danced along with her daughter, – though the onlooker adds, “Suri was the total center of attention.”
• Goldie Hawn, snacking on pretzels and drinking beer backstage at the Black Crowes’ show at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. There to support her ex-son-in-law, the actress was joined by her main man, Kurt Russell. And the two worked the dressing room, chatting up all the band’s friends and guests.
• JC Chasez, rocking out to his friend A.J. McLean‘s solo show at West Hollywood’s Roxy. Chasez nodded his head, tossed back a drink and sat on the top of a couch while taking in the 12-song show – and an onstage shout-out from McLean.
• Thandie Newton, sipping champagne and dancing under the stars at Les Deux in Hollywood. There to celebrate her film Run, Fat Boy, Run, the actress was joined by costar Simon Pegg and David Schwimmer, who directed the comedy. The former Friend happily bobbed his head as Tina Turner’s “What’s Love Got to Do With It” played – and later chatted up pal John Krasinski.
• By JED DREBEN, JENNIFER GARCIA and NICHOLAS WHITE
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.