• She had a quiet start to the evening but Rihanna came out of her shell pretty quickly while hanging with her entourage at 1Oak in New York. The singer was sitting low, chatting with a girlfriend in her booth – until the deejay started spinning her songs. When “Live Your Life” – her duet with T.I. – started playing, Rihanna stood on the banquette, threw her arms up and sang along. “Everyone around the table went nuts like she was giving a performance or something,” an onlooker says. “She obviously loved the fact that they played her songs.”
• Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, working the room and greeting celebrity pals including Renée Zellweger and Clint Eastwood after finishing their meal at Nobu West Hollywood. The pair, who was dining with two other couples, grabbed seats in the main dining room near the sushi bar.
• Christina Aguilera, hubby Jordan Bratman and 16-month-old son Max went shopping at baby boutique Bel Bambini in L.A. Among her purchases, the singer picked up an Animal World lion toothbrush holder and several California Baby products. The three “were in a great mood and enjoying an afternoon out together,” says a source.
• Hilary Duff and her hockey player boyfriend Mike Comrie, joining another couple for dinner at SushiSamba Park. The four dined on tiraditos, yellowtail ceviche, sea bass anticuchos and a selection of samba rolls – and sipped cucumber martinis with dinner.
• The Bachelor star Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney escaped to the Caribbean for the grand opening of the Italian Village & Pirates Island Waterpark in Turks & Caicos with the reality star’s son Ty in tow. The trio built sandcastles on the beach and also dined at the Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa. Also there: The Real Housewives of New York City star Bethenny Frankel, who spent her weekend “kissing and cuddling” with her new boyfriend on the beach, an onlooker tells us.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, LESLEY MESSER, EUNICE OH and ULRICA WIHLBORG
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.