• Gwen Stefani, pushing son Kingston, 2, in his stroller during a day out in Beverly Hills. The expectant singer was accompanied by husband Gavin Rossdale as the family shopped along Beverly Drive, unbothered by paparazzi or fans.
• Ellen Pompeo, petting a panting English bulldog after leaving Book Soup, a bookshop on L.A.’s Sunset Strip. The Grey’s Anatomy star was shopping with a brunette pre-teen girl, who left the store with several tomes. According to shoppers, Pompeo commiserated with her canine friend about the steamy weather, but broke out laughing when the dog’s owner replied, “No, he’s just fat and lazy!”
• Audrina Patridge, celebrating a friend’s birthday at downtown Los Angeles’s Takami Sushi & Robata restaurant. The Hills star enjoyed her meal with 12 friends –including her sister. The group then finished the celebration off with drinks on the VIP deck in Elevate Lounge, a bar adjacent to the restaurant.
• Mom-to-be Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, shopping for jeans with her mother, Tina, and sister Jessica. The singer popped into M. Fredric Malibu, a boutique, where she picked up Level 99 white jeans. She also loaded up on a cardigan and camisole, among other items. Also in the store that day: Jaime Pressly, who stopped into the boutique’s Studio City location and grabbed some Level 99 shorts.
• Scrubs star Sarah Chalke, taking a rough and tough workout at Barry’s Bootcamp in West Hollywood. An onlooker tells us: “[She] got in trouble for cheating and had to run the stairs! It was a tough workout!”
Also Spotted …
• Jada Pinkett Smith, leaving the Anastasia Beverly Hills Salon with a bag full of brow tools. … Robin Williams, celebrating his daughter Zelda‘s 19th birthday during a pool party at West Hollywood’s Standard Hotel to benefit the T-shirt company Local Celebrity.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, ANDREA DESIMONE, JENNIFER GARCIA, MAUREEN HARRINGTON and LISA INGRASSIA
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.