• Cameron Diaz, leaving Gym on Nemo Street in West Hollywood with her workout bag in hand. The actress is a frequent visitor to the fitness spot.
• Sarah Jessica Parker, helping launch UNICEF’s Tap Project for World Water Day, an initiative inviting Big Apple diners to donate $1 for clean drinking water around the world, at an event cohosted by Esquire magazine at New York City’s Hearst Tower. The actress, who’s a UNICEF ambassador, told us that she’s instilling her passion for volunteerism in her 4-year-old son, James Wilkie. “We weren’t allowed out of the house with a pillowcase for trick-or-treating if we didn’t have a box for UNICEF,” Parker told us about growing up. “And my son has been doing the same thing now for two years and he loves it. It gives him a real sense of pride to be a part of something.”
• Mary-Kate Olsen, dancing suggestively with a male friend at Teddy’s at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel. When she and her companion sat at the table, he kissed her on the cheek. Also making the scene: Paris Hilton, who hung with Brandon Davis, and Kelly Osbourne, who hit the dance floor with a female friend.
• Sean “Diddy” Combs, stopping traffic on Paris’s Champs-Elysees during a photo shoot. As the hip-hop magnate posed in front of his burgundy Maybach car, a crowd swarmed around him. “People were stopping cars to to see what was happening, and when they recognized Diddy, some even called his name,” says an onlooker. Diddy later joined girlfriend Kim Porter inside the V.I.P. Room club to party with tourmate Snoop Dogg and their crews.
• Wilmer Valderrama, doing shots of Patrén tequila in the deejay booth with DJ Vice at Marquee in New York City. And in a scene out of Groundhog Day, the actor headed to new club Arena the following night to do – what else? – Patrén shots in the deejay booth with Vice again.
• By LESLEY MESSER, PETER MIKELBANK and KARA WARNER
Thursday’s Caught in the Act >• Brooke Shields, enjoying a sun-kissed carriage ride in New York City’s Central Park with daughters Rowan, 3, and 11-month-old Grier. The actress spent quality time with her little girls during a break from filming her new TV pilot, Lipstick Jungle.
• Ashlee Simpson, snacking on guacamole and a taco platter with a female pal at Mexican restaurant Dos Caminos Soho – one of sister Jessica’s favorite New York City eateries.
• Orlando Bloom, hunting for the nonfiction book Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq at Borders in Hollywood. The Pirates of the Caribbean star couldn’t find it on the shelf and sought help from an employee, who brought a copy from the back. “By that time Orlando was on his phone,” the employee tells us. “He hung up his call just to say ‘Thank you.’ It made my month.”
• Eva Longoria, snapping up 10 pairs of sunglasses at the Solstice Sunglass Boutique at L.A.’s Beverly Center. With stylist and pal Robert Verdi by her side, the Desperate Housewives actress bought seven pairs of Gucci shades and three more pairs of designer frames – Valentino, Christian Dior and a pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs. Before leaving the store, Longoria grabbed a cleaning kit to keep her glasses streak-free.
• Tobey Maguire, munching on carrots with a pal at the Four Seasons Hotel lounge in Beverly Hills. The new dad was deep in conversation as he laughed and leaned back on the plush couch. “He looked healthy and happy,” says an onlooker.
• By TIFFANY MCGEE and LESLEY MESSER
Wednesday’s Caught in the Act >• Lindsay Lohan, heading out after an evening at ultra-exclusive New York City lounge the Beatrice Inn in the West Village. During her visit to her native Big Apple, the actress has been a fixture on the club scene.
• Jennifer Aniston, dining on spaghetti with extra-virgin olive oil, garlic and red crushed peppers with a friend at West Hollywood Italian eatery Il Sole. As she chatted with her pal, the actress leaned in intently and rested her elbows on the table.
• Grey’s Anatomy stars Kate Walsh, Sara Ramirez and Justin Chambers, checking out British soul sensation Amy Winehouse during the singer’s packed show at L.A.’s the Roxy. Walsh, who wore a black dress with a plunging neckline, made out with her new constant companion, Brothers & Sisters star Dave Annable, throughout the night. Other Winehouse fans making the concert scene: American Idol judge Randy Jackson, Courtney Love, R&B singer Van Hunt and Mischa Barton ex Cisco Adler.
• Heather Locklear, browsing for perfume at Beauty Collection in Calabasas, Calif. The actress scooped up three Bond No. 9 fragrances – Park Avenue, Broadway Nite and Bryant Park.
• Jamie Foxx, partying until closing time at Pearl, a restaurant and champagne lounge at Miami club Nikki Beach. The Dreamgirls star ordered two bottles of Dom Perignon champagne, Belvedere vodka and Patrén tequila. And when the munchies struck at 4 a.m., Foxx and his posse ordered a large cheese pizza. The crew left an hour later – but not before thanking the staff, a source tells us.
• By MAUREEN HARRINGTON, JESSICA HERNDON and DEBI SPRINGER
Tuesday’s Caught in the Act >• Kirsten Dunst, zipping away from Stubb’s Bar-B-Q in Austin, Texas, on the back of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle while clinging to the waist of Johnny Borrell, lead singer of British rock band Razorlight. In town for the South by Southwest music festival, the Spider-Man 3 actress scoped out shows and stopped by the Blender House Austin to dance and listen to Albert Hammond Jr. (of the Strokes) perform. Also making the SXSW scene: That ’70s Show’s Danny Masterson, playing foosball and listening to buzz band Tokyo Police Club, and Cisco Adler and Joe Simpson taking in concerts.
• Reese Witherspoon, browsing at Fred Segal Flair in Santa Monica. The store stayed open after-hours so she and her pal could finish up their shopping spree in privacy.
• Travis Barker, throwing a 32nd birthday party for wife Shanna Moakler at Cameo Nightclub in Miami. “They looked loving and happy” and acted “really affectionate with each other all night long,” a partygoer tells us of the twosome, who say they’ve reunited since being on the brink of divorce. More than 100 people attended the fete, including Kimberly Stewart, who watched Moakler blow out the candles on her cake as Barker sang an off-key rendition of “Happy Birthday.” Then, the birthday girl planted a passionate kiss on Barker’s lips while the crowd applauded. “It was very cute,” says the onlooker.
• Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, checking out black tops at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills and zeroing in on a black belted cardigan by Lutz & Patmos. “Both twins took turns trying it on,” says a fellow shopper. Later, Mary-Kate hit up Los Angeles lounge Hyde with a group of female friends, who spent the evening chatting. At one point, Mary-Kate and a pal headed outside to share a cigarette and talk on their cell phones. “They were having a really fun night,” a clubgoer says.
• Adam Brody, having a guy’s night out at Hyde, followed by 3 a.m. noshing at L.A. staple Canter’s Deli. The former O.C. star and eight friends ate a late dinner (or early breakfast?) of french fries and black-and-white cookies with milk. “They were all just coming and going, relaxing, being real casual, stuffing their mouths, standing up (and) sitting down and managing to eat all at the same time,” a customer tells us, adding, “Great times.”
• By KELLY LUMPKINS, JENNIFER GARCIA and STEVE HELLING