• Victoria Beckham, shopping for dresses and accessories at Los Angeles vintage boutique The Way We Wore. Arriving with a bodyguard, driver and three female friends, Posh tried on a few items before buying two large bags worth of dresses, belts, clutches and other items.
• Kate Moss, stepping out for dinner with the girls at Nobu Malibu. Dressed alike – in black opaque tights – the ladies sat on the patio despite the rain. Moss and her friends roared with laughter – and the cocktails, wine and sake were flowing as they nibbled on sushi.
• Moved by the music, Prince gave an impromptu performance at Hollywood’s Green Door’s weekly jazz night. Earlier, the rock star sat in the lounge until he decided to join the band, playing some old-school funk before a packed crowd (including Macy Gray). Taking a seat behind the piano, Prince “was jamming” for 30 minutes, a clubgoer tells us. “People were freaking out! It was a real treat.”
• Nicole Kidman, stepping out for lunch with hubby Keith Urban and Naomi Watts at Jackie’s Caf in Sydney’s funky Paddington. After their meal, a black-clad Kidman took off hand-in-hand with her husband, while Watts chatted on her cell phone as she walked away.
• Vying for the “Coolest Dad” award, Christian Slater helped his son Jaden celebrate his 9th birthday a few days early with some VIP treatment at Los Angeles’s Dodger Stadium. “They were all in team gear. They were so excited, they went to batting practice and even played catch on the field,” says an onlooker. (Slater’s daughter Eliana was also there.) A bonus for Jaden: He got to yell out the signature “Play Ball” cheer to start the game. Says the onlooker: “Christian kneeled in front of Jaden taking pictures of the moment. He was the typical proud dad.”
• By CLAIRE DAVEY, JENNIFER GARCIA, AMY ELISA KEITH and MARY MARGARET
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.