• Nicole Richie, meeting Kimberly Stewart for dinner at Il Sole in West Hollywood. The pals dined together at the popular Italian restaurant while Richie’s former stylist Rachel Zoe ate across the room. According to onlookers, the two exchanged awkward glances, but never actually spoke to each other. Also at Il Sole: Molly Sims, who dined with a girlfriend – and raved about the Bellinis.
• Lauren Conrad, hiking up the steep steps at L.A.’s Runyon Canyon with two girlfriends in tow. According to a fellow jogger, the Hills star sported sunglasses and barely seemed out of breath despite the steep climb. A day earlier, Ryan Gosling stopped to ask for directions while running along one of Runyon Canyon’s trails with a female friend.
• Ashley Olsen, strolling into West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont with boyfriend Justin Bartha. The starlet immediately approached the hostess and gave her a hug while Bartha hung back, waiting patiently. The two then grabbed a side table near the bushes and Olsen tucked into a Caesar salad while enjoying a little time with her beau. “They were leaning in and being cute with each other,” a fellow diner says. Meanwhile, inside the lobby, Isla Fisher cuddled on the couch with her daughter Olive, 10 months. “Someone told her how cute Olive was and she was so excited,” the onlooker says.
• Teen stars Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, causing a commotion among their tween fans while picking up treats at Dylan’s Candy Bar in New York. The BFFs shopped around and had their pictures snapped as kids went wild. The twosome also visited the store’s café for frozen hot chocolates before Lovato grabbed some gummy candies to go.
• Chace Crawford, enjoying a bird’s eye view of the US Open. The Gossip Girl cutie, in a white cap, checked out the tennis match from a luxury box. Also there: Luke Wilson and new girlfriend Meg Simpson, who sat courtside as guests of Novak Djokovic. The couple watched the Serbian tennis pro win his match from the athlete’s own box.
Also Spotted . . .
• Joey Fatone and Lance Bass, competing to see who could last longer on the mechanical bull at the grand opening of Brother Jimmy’s at the El San Juan Hotel and Casino in Puerto Rico . . . Adam Sandler, Kevin James and Rob Schneider, vacationing with their families at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, Calif. The funnymen enjoyed the beach and dinner at Stonehill Tavern – which was for grownups only . . . The guys of The Hills – Brody Jenner, Frankie Delgado and Doug Reinhardt – sharing a night out at L.A.’s hip stop Foxtail.
• By PAUL CHI, JENNIFER GARCIA, MAUREEN HARRINGTON, DIANE HERBST, MARISA LAUDADIO, MARLA LEHNER, MARY MARGARET and MICHELLE TAN
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.