• Jessica Alba, taking in the sights of Paris by bicycle. The actress picked up one of the city’s pay as you ride Velib’ bikes and peddled over the river to St. Germain, where she parked her wheels in a rack and settled down to a steak frites lunch at Relais de l’Entrecôte. After, Alba browsed some nearby boutiques.
• The night before her album release, Kelly Clarkson and 12 friends popped into Koi New York. The singer and her pals laughed and enjoyed drinks and dinner. Clarkson ordered baked crab and rock-shrimp hand rolls and the yellowtail tuna tartare – and she left her server a huge tip!
• Before the Circus tour took Britney Spears to Uniondale, N.Y., for her next show, the pop star relaxed by the pool at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Miami with sons Preston and Jayden. “Britney looked so happy swimming in the pool, coloring in cute little kiddie books and sunning with her babies in her arms,” says a source who saw them during the day. “She stayed out in the sun for much of the morning, then brought the kids inside and went back out with friends to hang and talk.” That night, the singer ate at Café Sambal, where the hotel staff put up umbrellas in front of Spears’s table so she could dine in privacy.
• Fresh off her Dancing with the Stars debut, Denise Richards grabbed dinner at BOA Steakhouse in Santa Monica – with her It’s Complicated camera crew in tow. All glammed up from the show, the reality star celebrated her first dance with family and friends in the semi-private dining room.
• Bono and The Edge chatted up guests at their private album release afterparty inside Bardot Hollywood. The U2 bandmates were incredibly gracious with their guests, including Garbage singer Shirley Manson. Shortly after the band left, Ryan Gosling took his usual position behind the deejay booth – and got the crowd dancing.
By JENNIFER GARCIA, LINDA MARX and PETER MIKELBANK