• Anne Hathaway quietly took the next step with actor Adam Shulman, bringing him as her date to the Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards gala where she picked up the Desert Palm Achievement Award. “They were together at the afterparty at the Parker Palm Springs,” an onlooker says, “They were sitting next to each other and they were holding hands in her lap, trying to stay warm.”
• Also hitting the afterparty: Leonardo DiCaprio and girlfriend Bar Refaeli, who acted quite affectionate at the bash. The Revolutionary Road star also chatted up Sean Penn, who otherwise hung by the bar and talked with his Milkcrew.
• Without girlfriend (and constant companion) Samantha Ronson by her side, Lindsay Lohan made it a solo night at West Hollywood’s Apple Lounge – though she did make time for friends! Clad in a black leather jacket, the starlet hung out in the cabana with Apple owner Allison Melnick and two girlfriends. “Lindsay was kind of indifferent,” says an onlooker. “Not in a good mood, not in a bad mood. Her friends definitely looked like they were trying to cheer her up.” And Lohan kept it pretty low-key, focusing on deep conversations with Melnick as well as Evan Ross before heading out early.
• Tyra Banks, shopping with a friend at Martin + Osa in Century City, Calif. The talk-show host told a sales rep she was looking for a V-neck sweater. Banks did buy a silver chain-link necklace and snakeskin cuff during her shopping trip, though, and was very “sweet” to the staff.
• After an all-girls sushi dinner at Katsuya Hollywood, Hilary Duff and her three girlfriends hit Bardot Hollywood to continue their night out. The group sat on the patio enjoying the music – and martinis. “They were very mellow and relaxed,” says an onlooker. “It was a girls night out. They had a great time!”
• By MARK DAGOSTINO, JENNIFER GARCIA, MELISSA LIEBLING-GOLDBERG and MARY MARGARET
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.