• She’s settling into the Vancouver life! In town to shoot New Moon, Dakota Fanning took a break from work for a leisurely lunch with her mom and two women at the Cactus Club Café on Robson Street. The group grabbed a booth, and Fanning enjoyed fish tacos with shredded cheese. On her way to the restaurant, the teen star stopped and seemed happy to sign autographs for some fans.
• Before heading back to L.A., Kim Kardashian made sure not to miss any of the New York hot spots – specifically the Waverly Inn, where she dined with her male BFFs, power publicists Jonathan Cheban and Simon Huck. The group made a beeline for a back banquette, where Kardashian kept things low-key, typing on her BlackBerry and chatting about business with her pals. The previous evening, Jennifer Aniston grabbed dinner at the restaurant with friends.
• The Jonas Brothers, greeting fellow diners Brooke Burke and David Charvet while lunching at the new Picnic Café in Los Angeles. The brothers walked over to their table to hug the couple and say hello. “They were nice to everyone,” an onlooker tells of the guys, who were on a lunch break in between a photo shoot at nearby Smashbox Studios.
• Miley Cyrus, playing supportive sister at the Hard Rock Café in Hollywood. On hand to watch her brother Braison‘s band Lazy Randy during their first big performance, the singer decided to lay low at the event, even tweeting that the show “was NOT about me.” After the gig, Cyrus picked up a Hard Rock T-shirt before quietly heading out.
• Sean Penn, throwing a party for 30 friends at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. The group was sectioned off behind velvet ropes under the balcony of the patio, where guests sipped drinks and hung out until about 1 a.m. Penn was casual but mingled with his guests – and he owned the patio as party host.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, DAVID CAPLAN, JENNIFER GARCIA, CHRISTINE KILPATRICK and LESLEY MESSER
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.