• Usher, shopping for presents for his mother at a Crabtree & Evelyn store in New York. The R&B star told the store’s clerk he was scoping out stuff for his mom, then purchased the Kalahari candle and the India Hicks Island body lotion.
• Taking a break from cheering on her quarterback beau Tony Romo, Jessica Simpson enjoyed a fun lunch with three friends at RA Sushi in Houston. The singer (and Texas native) “gushed about how much she loved the food,” a fellow diner says. And talk about a Texas-sized portion: Simpson and her pals enjoyed the Viva Las Vegas rolls, spicy tuna sushi, lobster spring rolls, octopus nigiri and pineapple cheese wontons.
• Penn Badgley, milling about and enjoying the music at a Grey Goose party celebrating the TV show Iconoclasts inside New York nightspot Kiss & Fly. The Gossip Girl cutie got a little political at the party, which featured a performance by Wyclef Jean, who launched into a pro-Obama freestyle. “I’m infinitely excited to actually have a say,” Badgley, 21, said about voting in November, before heading inside the bash. Also at the party: Tony Hawk and Cee-Lo Green of Gnarls Barkley.
• A solo Brody Jenner, sitting at the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. According to an onlooker, his BlackBerry was glued to his fingers, and the reality star was, of course, sporting his signature shades.
• Ludacris, stopping at French bistro Bridges in Philadelphia for some pre-football food. The rapper-actor ordered steak and eggs and a lamb sandwich to go, before checking out the Philadelphia Eagles game.
• Scott Wolf, hanging outside of Izakaya by Katsuya on Third Street in Los Angeles. The casual actor was waiting for a table outside with a male friend, and kept his hands in the pockets of his True Religion jeans.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, MARISA LAUDADIO, MARY MARGARET, TIFFANY MCGEE and ABBY STERN
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.