• They’re just nice guys! The New Kids on the Block – Joey McIntyre, Jonathan Knight, Jordan Knight, Danny Wood and Donnie Wahlberg – greeting fans, signing autographs and snapping pictures outside their Chicago hotel. The group stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel during their Windy City tour stop, and were equally sweet with the hotel staff. Another sweet spot, according to a source: The guys also loved the mini-bars in their rooms and snacked on candy during their stay.
• Lindsay Lohan, heading backstage to meet Foreigner with girlfriend Samantha Ronson before the band’s show at the House of Blues Sunset in Hollywood. After their meet-and-greet, the couple watched the show, totally transfixed, from an upstairs VIP perch, where the pair sipped sodas and quietly sang along with the band.
• Also in a musical mood: American Idol champ David Cook, laughing it up with friends before Timbaland‘s show at the House of Blues in West Hollywood. The singer (who sported a porkpie hat) arrived at the show early and made a beeline for the bar, according to an onlooker.
• Daniel Craig, checking out the Oasis gig at London’s Roundhouse Theatre. While the James Bond star may have wanted to go incognito at the show – which was part of the BBC Electric Proms – his cover was blown by Noel Gallagher, who singled him out from the stage. According to a source, Craig “looked very uncomfortable” – shaken and stirred – by the shout-out. Also on the VIP balcony: Russell Brand, who was also called out by Gallagher.
• Gerard Butler, making the women swoon with his sexy karaoke rendition of the Doors’ “Light My Fire” during an afterparty for the Savannah College of Art and Design’s 11th Annual Savannah Film Festival. “He’s a great singer,” says a partygoer. “The women there couldn’t get enough of him.” And the RocknRolla star loves the ladies back. During his time at the festival, Butler met a Savannah resident and gave her his phone number!
• A black-clad Gwyneth Paltrow, sipping French martinis with a male pal at New York’s Rose Club at the Plaza after midnight.
• Michelle Williams, reading a book of poetry on the subway in New York. The actress carried two shopping bags and read during the whole ride before jumping off in her Brooklyn neighborhood.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, K.C. BAKER, JENNIFER GARCIA, LESLEY MESSER and COURTNEY RUBIN
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.