• Leonardo DiCaprio, celebrating GQ Magazine‘s annual Men of the Year party at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont. Surrounded by a table of models, the actor spent much of the night chatting with Kate Bosworth and sipping on a Grey Goose cocktail. “They were really close together and acted super flirty,” says an onlooker. “They just kept getting closer as the night went on.” But the party didn’t end there: The pair – joined by DiCaprio’s BFF Lukas Haas and pal Kevin Connolly – also stopped by Bardot Hollywood, where they settled into a table in the back lounge area and closed down the hot spot.
• Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband Chris Martin, dining at Dallas’s swanky Al Biernat’s steakhouse while Martin’s band, Coldplay, was in town to perform. “They were relaxing, talking and laughing,” says Brad Fuller, general manager at the famous Dallas hot spot. “It was like any other married couple’s dinner out without the kids. They were cozy and enjoying a night out by themselves.” The couple tucked into a back booth for their seafood dinner. For dessert Paltrow ordered coconut cream pie, while her hubby picked the molten chocolate cake. Then things got even sweeter: The pair loved their dinner so much, Martin promised to send tickets over to the restaurant’s manager. Says Fuller: “I had no idea I’d get Coldplay tickets from Chris Martin himself!”
• Newly retired actor Joaquin Phoenix, arriving at Bardot Hollywood incognito with his scruffy facial hair, dark glasses and tight pants – but he held court at a table with Casey Affleck and a blonde. Phoenix and his lady friend were whispering back and forth and enjoying their conversation. At one point, Phoenix and Affleck ventured over to the deejay booth where Ryan Gosling was busy spinning music that had everyone in the lounge – including Lance Bass – wanting to dance.
• Keeping her post-Buffy form in tip-top shape, Sarah Michelle Gellar stopped in for a class at Pilates Plus in Brentwood. Though the instructor joked the class would help tighten the abs so much it would leave less room for Thanksgiving turkey, Gellar gamely bantered back with other students, “Why would I want to do that! Bring on the stuffing.”
• Dressed in matching head-to-toe black, Kim and Khloe Kardashian, spending some quality sister time at L.A.’s Koi. Sharing some sushi and rolls, the two “sat close to each other and talked softly amongst themselves.” Is there drama afoot? Says the onlooker: “They seemed to be discussing something private and important.”
• Meanwhile it was date night for Jamie Lynn Sigler and boyfriend Jerry Ferrara. The new couple stopped by Guy’s in West Hollywood for its exclusive grand re-opening 007-themed party hosted by Bombay Sapphire. Also making the scene: odd couple Ryan Seacrest and Ricki Lake, having an in-depth conversation about American Idol, and Ferrara’s Entourage costar Kevin Connolly. The actor had arrived with the couple but spent the night chatting and flirting with the ladies.
• David Spade, sitting at the Organic-to-Go café in Los Angeles at the common table. The comedian ordered an organic salad – heavy on the peas – but also made his way around the restaurant, standing in the corner to read the sports section of USA Today. He then chatted up a blonde companion who arrived midway through his meal.
• By REAGAN ALEXANDER, ALICIA DENNIS, JENNIFER GARCIA and MARY MARGARET
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.