• Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhaal, sharing an early breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien in Brentwood, Calif. Walking in with their arms around each other, the casually dressed pair shared a table for two in the back, ordering coffee, an omelette and fruit. The pair talked and traded sections of the Los Angeles Times at the table. Later that night, the couple was spotted again – this time at West Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont where they celebrated Robert Downey Jr.‘s 43rd birthday with Cameron Diaz, Gerard Butler, Ben Stiller and more.
• Blake Lively, checking out couches at ABC Carpet & Home in New York. Dressed in a camel coat, with her hair in a ponytail, the Gossip Girl star snapped photos of couches and side tables. According to a fellow shopper, she acted very friendly with the staff.
• Amanda Bynes, celebrating her 22nd birthday at Las Vegas’s TAO Asian Bistro with a male friend. Taking a spot near the restaurant’s signature Buddha, the actress ate pork potstickers and a California Roll for dinner. For dessert? Restaurant employees brought out a surprise platter with a candle – which she blew out with a smile.
• Zach Braff, picking up the check at his 33rd birthday celebration. Dining with a group at STK in West Hollywood, Braff was joined by girlfriend Shiri Appleby and Scrubs costars Donald Faison and Sarah Chalke. Braff was in a good mood, laughing at the table and frequently nuzzling with his girlfriend, observers tell us. After a long dinner – of steaks and champagne – the group ordered two trays of dessert, then chanted Braff’s name as he slumped in mock humility and blew out the candles.
• Stevie Wonder, following up his dinner at Crustacean in Beverly Hills with an impromptu concert. The singer performed in the lounge, and dedicated “How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)” to his daughter.
• By HOWARD BREUER, PERNILLA CEDENHEIM, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARK GRAY, MARY MARGARET and ULRICA WIHLBORG
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.