• How do you unwind in Beijing if you re eight-time gold-medalist Michael Phelps? You have drinks by the pool – not in it! The Olympian turned up at Beijing’s Club Bud, the multi-level nightclub in the Chaoyang district designed by Anheuser-Busch, and spent the night in poolside cabanas along with fellow team members Ryan Lochte, Matt Grevers and Natalie Coughlin. Of course, they didn’t go unnoticed – fans asked Phelps to pose for photos, and he didn’t seem to mind. “A lot of people wanted to get close to him,” says the guest. “But he looked pretty happy to hang out with everyone.”
• The day after she dined with Paul Rudd at Nobu, Jennifer Aniston hit another New York landmark: the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The actress walked around with an older man and woman and headed toward the J.M.W. Turner special exhibition. “Everyone turned and looked at her,” a source says. Before hitting the museum, the newly single actress was spotted in the Upper East Side as she shopped at Fred Leighton Rare Collectible Jewels.
• Lindsay Lohan and Samantha Ronson, making a change – to their hair color, at Neil George Salon in Beverly Hills. “No more blonde highlights,” a source tells us of Lohan’s look. Her girlfriend also went darker. The couple sat in the back and “were pretty quiet and kept to themselves.”
• Ryan Seacrest, sharing what appeared to be a business meeting at New York’s trendy Waverly Inn. The reality-TV host joined four men in an oversized booth, eating a gigantic platter of oysters on the half shell as an appetizer and delving deep in conversation.
• Sandra Oh, smiling big over the nude scene in Hair: The American Tribal Love-Rock Musical at Central Park’s Delacorte Theater. She sat next to Top Chef‘s Spike Mendelsohn, who watched the hippies while eating an ice cream sandwich.
• By ALEXIS CHIU, STEPHANIE CAIN, STEPHANIE RYGORSKY PROMMER, ALYSSA SHELASKY and CYNTHIA WANG
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.