• Nicole Richie, “having a blast” during a family shopping outing at L.A.’s outdoor mall The Grove with daughter Harlow, 11 months, and Joel Madden. “Nicole was holding Harlow and Joel was pushing the empty stroller,” an onlooker says. The threesome shopped at Barneys New York, but also stopped to watch the water fountain show. “Harlow was laughing and they were helping her stand up and dance on the ledge,” the onlooker adds.
• Also in the shopping spirit: Reese Witherspoon, who visited the Elyse Walker store in Los Angeles. The actress spent almost $1,000 during her spree and picked up, among other things, a black Geren Ford top and a navy Ihabit sweater.
• Nicolette Sheridan, grabbing lunch with a girlfriend at one of her favorite haunts, Katsuya Glendale in L.A. The Desperate Housewives star ate yellowtail jalapeño and sashimi selections and sipped a watermelon martini. “They chatted and had a great time in a private booth,” says an onlooker.
Ashley Olsen, mingling with fellow young designers at the Boston Institute of Contemporary Art’s ICA 360 evening, honoring American fashion innovators. There to represent her line, the Row, the fashionista chatted with aspiring designers, posed for pictures and toured the museum with her peers.
• Prince, taking in salsa night at new LA Live hot spot the Conga Room. The singer brought some friends to check out the music with him, and the party took over a table in the back for the evening. Also there: Jessica Alba‘s pal, and L.A. Clippers star, Baron Davis.
• Evan Rachel Wood, dining at L.A.’s Melrose Bar and Grill with her Wrestler costars including Marisa Tomei and Mickey Rourke. The actress ate a duck burger and steak, while Rourke enjoyed the Mediterranean platter with pita.
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, MAUREEN HARRINGTON, AMY ELISA KEITH and MELISSA LIEBLING-GOLDBERG
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all of the Celebrity Hot Spots.