• Derek Hough, getting cozy on the back patio at Los Angeles’s Koi with girlfriend Shannon Elizabeth. Joined by Hough’s mom, the two were laughing and talking animatedly throughout the meal –which Elizabeth ordered for the table.
• Fellow Dancing with the Stars pro Mark Ballas browsed through stores – including Politix – at the Beverly Center in Beverly Hills with girlfriend Joanna Pacitti. “They were cute and holding hands,” says an onlooker. “Both seemed really laid-back, casual and low-key.”
• Hayden Panettiere, showing off a new do – a sleek blonde bob – at West Hollywood’s Apple Lounge. And the single starlet was quite the hot ticket, with potential suitors approaching the Heroes actress and her three girlfriends. “She was swarmed by guys all night,” says an onlooker. “She loved the attention.” Before their big night out, Panettiere and her crew stopped for dinner on the back patio at Koi, drinking soda and munching on crispy rice and baked crab hand rolls.
• Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, grabbing dinner at Michael Mina’s restaurant, Bourbon Steak, at the Four Seasons in Georgetown. The couple came in later in the evening, eating in the lounge area. Pitt is in D.C. to meet with Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi to discuss his Make It Right project.
• Shaquille O’Neal, launching a weeklong birthday celebration – the basketball star turns 37 on March 6 – with wife Shaunie at the Sagamore Hotel in South Beach, Fla. While in town, the couple drove by the home on Star Island in which they lived when Shaq played for the Miami Heat. Says a source, “They were in good spirits and happy to see their Miami friends.”
• By JENNIFER GARCIA, LINDA MARX and EUNICE OH
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.