• Jessica Biel, walking her dog, Tina, while chatting away on her cell phone during the walk through Brentwood, Calif. on Thursday morning. And she came prepared for clean-up duty – carrying a trash bag to pick up after her pooch.
• Jennifer Aniston, dining with friends Thursday at West Hollywood eatery A.O.C. “Jennifer seemed really happy – happy and content,” a fellow diner tells us. At one point, Aniston, in jeans and a black top, approached Six Feet Under actress Patricia Clarkson at her table and raved about how much she loved her work.
• Ryan Phillippe, holding court until 1 a.m. with six male friends and three female friends at Winston’s in West Hollywood. The group sipped Grey Goose vodka while carafes of cranberry juice and orange juice sat on their table. “(Ryan) was playing bartender, pouring drinks for all his friends while he was moving his body to (My Chemical Romance’s) ‘Welcome to the Black Parade.'”
• American Idol judge Paula Abdul, feasting with two girlfriends at Los Angeles restaurant Table 8. The three nibbled on New Zealand lamb with porcini mushroom risotto and roasted Sungold tomatoes. “They were having a really good time,” an observer tells us. “Paula did most of the talking, as her two girlfriends did lots of listening.”
• New daddy Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs, holding down the party in a corner table – right by the DJ booth – at South Beach lounge Mokai during a pre-Super Bowl bash. Also spotted partying: Taye Diggs, hanging out with friends, tennis star Andy Roddick (with a brunette) and Tom Brady.
• Lauren Conrad, toasting her 21st birthday with her posse, including best friend Heidi Montag, at Hollywood hotspot Area. On the table: a circular pink and white cake and champagne. “She loved the cake, finishing an entire piece,” an observer tells us. Later in the evening, Conrad stood on the couch and danced to “On the Hotline” by Pretty Ricky and Cyndi Lauper’s “She Bop.”
• By JON WARECH and LIZZ LEONARD
See Thursday’s Caught in the Act! >• Fergie, throwing up the peace sign en route to a video shoot in Los Angeles. The jet-setting singer didn’t stay on the West Coast for long: She then headed to Miami to prepare for Thursday’s pre-Super Bowl Pepsi Smash concert with fellow headliners Kanye West and John Legend at Dolphin Stadium (which airs Saturday on VH1).
• The Hills star Lauren Conrad, having a pre-21st birthday celebration at Hollywood lounge Les Deux. She hung out with pals at a private outside table while ex Brody Jenner sat about 20 feet away and spent the evening drinking vodka cocktails and flirting with several blonde women.
• Salma Hayek, having lunch with her brother Sami and French financier Francois Pinault at Dos Caminos Soho in New York City. The trio feasted on guacamole, queso fundido, ceviche, shrimp cazuela, skirt-steak salad and flautas.
• Beyoncé, making the scene in a Roberto Cavalli gown at an amfAR gala at New York City’s Cipriani. Also attending the event, which raised $3 million for the AIDS charity: Petra Nemcova, Eve and Sharon Stone, who’s one of the nonprofit’s chairs. Kim Cattrall gushed about her chef boyfriend, Alan Wyse: “There’s something about someone who is involved in food. It’s also very sensual but there’s something very grounding about that. That’s what I’ve always looked for in a partner.”
• Nicole Richie, celebrating pal Kidada Jones‘s 32nd birthday at hot Hollywood store Kaviar and Kind (co-owned by actor Mark Ruffalo‘s wife Sunrise). “Nicole even wore her Snake bangle (designed by co-owner Katherine Azarmi-Rose),” says a partygoer. The women tried on beaded wristbands, diamond studs and other jewels. Also making the scene: Kidada’s dad Quincy Jones, Dustin Hoffman and Rumer and Bruce Willis.
• By KELLY CARTER, MARY MARGARET and LESLEY MESSER
See Wednesday’s Caught in the Act! >• Teri Hatcher, wearing a funky full-length coat while out in Los Angeles.
• Nicole Kidman and husband Keith Urban, whispering and cuddling during dinner at West Hollywood’s Sushi Roku. The couple shared seaweed salad with ginger vinaigrette and spicy tuna roll with avocado. And the actress was totally focused on her man, who’s been out of rehab since earlier this month. “Nicole rested her hand on Keith’s thigh for much of the meal,” a patron tells us.
• Seal, having a “deep conversation” with a male friend at the concession stand of the ArcLight Cinemas in Hollywood.
• Duane “The Rock” Johnson, climbing onto an elliptical machine at Gold’s Gym in Venice, Calif. After a 10-minute warm-up, The Rock – wearing a green jacket and black shorts – moved on to pump weights with fellow muscle-bound men (and women).
• Hilary Duff, dining with three female pals at Vincenti Ristorante in Brentwood, Calif. On the table: risotto with beets, lobster, calamari and roasted bell peppers. “They were giggling, having a fun night,” an observer tells us.
• Kevin Federline, moving his ongoing party down to Miami. The rapper got a late start at 1 a.m. on Tuesday, hitting the Delano Hotel with a brunette lady friend and his bodyguard. Then he made the rounds to hipster lounge Mokai, a special event at club Rain and then on to Prive, where he danced on the bar and sipped Jack Daniels and Coca-Cola. He even joked with a fellow patron about his controversial Nationwide Insurance ad.
• By ALEXIS CHIU and JON WARECH
See Tuesday’s Caught in the Act! >• Christina Aguilera, staying hydrated – a hot beverage in one hand, water bottle in the other – en route to a dance rehearsal with The Pussycat Dolls in Hollywood.
• Leonardo DiCaprio, chilling with a group friends including actor Lukas Haas at the patio of West Hollywood club Area. The Oscar nominee sat on top of a banquette while security ushered past a constant stream of ladies hoping to catch the actor’s eye. “There were some girls sitting on the couch he was on, but his back was to them,” says a source. “He talked with his boys all night and smoked.”
• Coco Arquette, dancing along the sidelines as the L.A. Laker Girls hit the floor, showing off her own moves to dad David Arquette. And when the ‘Kiss Me’ camera zeroed in on the father-daughter duo, David planted a kiss on his 2-year-old daughter to the cheering ‘awwws’ of the crowd before plopping her back onto his lap.
• Britney Spears, making a quick appearance at Guy’s in West Hollywood for the bar’s Kid’s Cotton Club jazz night, hosted by former That ’70s Show star Danny Masterson. Also making the scene: John Legend, who despite prodding from friends, declined to hit the karaoke stage.
• Meanwhile, in New York City, Kevin Federline and an entourage of six hit the hot spot Butter. The fledgling rapper, who’s been getting heat from fast-food workers over his Nationwide insurance commercial, made his way through the crowded dance floor to a table in the far back corner. Dressed in a white button-down shirt with jeans and sporting diamond earrings, Federline chatted with friends and texted on his phone. When a medley of Jay-Z songs started playing, he pumped his fist in the air. Also hanging out: Axl Rose and Jamie-Lynn Sigler, who sat at boyfriend (and Butter co-owner) Scott Sartiano’s table.
• By TIFFANY HOPKINS, MARY MARGARET and BRENDA RODRIGUEZ