• While in New York City, Faith Hill took a family outing to FAO Schwarz with her three daughters, Gracie, 11, Maggie, 10, and Audrey, 6. The girls each designed Style by Me Barbies to look like themselves – and shopped around, picking up toys and sweets during their visit.
• Hayden Panettiere had the late-night munchies, and headed out to SushiSamba inside Las Vegas’s Palazzo Hotel with four friends. The group snuck into the restaurant around 1 a.m. and feasted on pork ramen, yellowtail tiradito, green bean tempura and more!
• Enjoying a camera-free evening, The Hills’ Stephanie Pratt went on a date at the 3rd Stop in Los Angeles. As the two leaned over the table to talk, “It looked romantic,” says a fellow a diner. “But she picked up the tab.”
• A stunning Salma Hayek stopped into West Hollywood’s comme ça for a “business meeting” and lunch, of course. The actress opted for the crispy skate grenobloise with haricots vert, lemon and capers for her meal.
• Alex Rodriguez, getting buff at Equinox in New York’s West Village. The athlete was “working out like a madman for hours,” an observer tells us. On his fitness regimen: some weight training, including chest presses and squats. (Who has the best chest of all? Click here to vote on the Best of 2008!)
• Paris Hilton and sister Nicky Hilton, treating some of the cast of the heiress’ MTV reality show My New BFF to dinner at West Hollywood’s STK. Paris wore a pink dress and sky-high heels, while her sister was more casual, wearing jeans and a leather jacket. The group dined on signature menu items like tuna tartare and corn pudding and threw back tequila shots.
• By MARK DAGOSTINO, JENNIFER GARCIA, MARY MARGARET, LESLEY MESSER and CHARLOTTE TRIGGS
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.