• Zac Efron, wishing pal Bubba Lewis a happy 20th birthday with a playful shove and hug hello at the Hard Rock Café at Universal City Walk. The High School Musical star was more affectionate with girlfriend Vanessa Hudgens at the bash, and the two had a “cute disposition together,” a partygoer tells us. Later, Efron sang “Happy Birthday” to his BFF (and 17 Again costar) after dinner in the restaurant’s private dining area, and he gave his friend a gift card to Guitar Center.
• Nicole Kidman, getting an early start to her exercise regimen with a 6 a.m. full body workout class at Burn 60 in Brentwood, Calif. The actress spent 30 minutes jogging on the treadmill before using free weights and doing some pushups and abdominal exercises. “Nicole was in great shape and seemed very energetic even though it was so early in the morning,” an eyewitness tells us. “There were a few other people in the class, but Nicole blended right in.”
• Justin Timberlake, doing a little dance while enjoying dinner and drinks with friends at The Smith in New York. “He looked great,” a source says of the pop star, who ate short ribs, polenta and drank a Duvel during his meal.
• Meanwhile in L.A., girlfriend Jessica Biel shopped for her pet pooch, Tina, at Urban Pet. In town for the Oscars, the actress was laidback and “super friendly” while shopping, a source says.
• Ashley Olsen, lightening up with blonde highlights at the Neil George Salon in Beverly Hills. During her salon trip, the trendy twin “was polite but quiet,” a source says. “She kept to herself.”
• Naomi Watts, bringing 2-month-old son Samuel and a few friends to Giggles N’ Hugs in Brentwood, Calif. The group was “having a great time,” owner Joey Parsi says. “They all ate dinner and the kids had a blast playing and getting their faces painted.”
• Recent Grammy winner Ne-Yo doled out relationship advice to the audience at his Radio City Music Hall show in New York. “Love is a beautiful thing … make it work,” he said, before launching into some love songs. Later in the show, he welcomed surprise guest Mary J. Blige, who dueted with the R&B singer, while best new artist nominee Jazmine Sullivan warmed everyone up with a five-song set.
• By PERNILLA CEDENHEIM, KRISTEN MASCIA, TIFFANY MCGEE, LESLEY MESSER and EUNICE OH
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.