• Friendly exes? Drew Barrymore, who’s been spotted recently with Justin Long, met up with another former beau – rocker Fabrizio Moretti – at Ost, a coffee shop in New York’s East Village. The actress, who sported platinum blonde hair, ordered an iced tea. Said an onlooker of the duo: “They weren’t holding hands. They just looked like friends. She was very low-key – very chill.” Later, the pair was spotted eating dinner at BondSt where they “seemed to be getting along famously” and enjoying sake bombs. While there was no P.D.A., an onlooker says, “they definitely acted the same way that they did when they were together as a couple.”
• On a break from her tour, Britney Spears stopped in to the Tommy Bahama women’s store in San Jose, Calif. – and the pop star left with a swimsuit and some shades.
• Jake Gyllenhaal, enjoying a late lunch with a guy pal on the patio at Gjelina restaurant on Abbot Kinney Boulevard in Venice, Calif. The actor sipped water with lime during a quiet lunch of thin-crust pizza which the table split. “It seemed like a really relaxed lunch,” says an observer, noting that even ultra-trendy patrons of the hip local spot were rubbernecking for a peek at the actor. “They lingered for a while.”
• After shopping the morning market in Saint-Tropez, newlyweds Salma Hayek and Francois-Henri Pinault continued exploring the Cote d’Azur. With 18-month-old daughter Valentina dressed in baby blue, the couple headed over the hills to the nearby village of Ramatuelle, taking an afternoon stroll along its beaches.
• Kate Winslet, relaxing by the pool at the new Grand Velas Resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico, with her sister and her sister’s two children. When she wasn’t by the pool, the Oscar winner got a manicure. Otherwise, Winslet and her sister lounged in a private cabana by the beach.
• By ALEXIS CHIU, JENNIFER GARCIA, MELISSA LIEBLING-GOLDBERG, LIZ MCNEIL and PETER MIKELBANK
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.