• Halle Berry, shopping (and bonding) with her mother in Beverly Hills. What was on the ladies’ shopping itinerary? A stop by Anthropologie.
• Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, unwinding in the Hotel du Cap after a long day of promotion at the Cannes Film Festival. Joining the couple: many of Pitt’s Ocean’s Thirteen costars including George Clooney, Matt Damon and Don Cheadle, who talked as empty champagne bottles sat on their table. The Ocean’s Thirteen castmates then cleared out, leaving just Pitt and Jolie deep in conversation with another guest: Mariane Pearl (whom Jolie portrays in her upcoming film A Mighty Heart). According to an onlooker, the couple sat together on a sofa, looking cute. Before making her exit – in Pearl’s white wrap – Jolie kissed Pitt for a good minute.
• A smiling Meg Ryan, chatting loudly on her cell phone while waiting for the valet to bring her silver BMW sedan around after an appointment at L.A.’s Jonathan West salon. The actress sported a black shirt, black skirt and lace-up boots. As for her just-coiffed hair? It was wavy and flowing in the wind.
• Courteney Cox Arquette, dining with pals Sheryl Crow and Isla Fisher, at her favorite West Hollywood eatery Il Sole. A fellow diner tell us: the three looked like sisters, sharing all their entrees and chatting away.
• How did the contestants from Dancing With the Stars celebrate this season’s wrap? By dancing, of course! Fourth-place finalist Ian Ziering, suggestively grooved with Elena Grinenko during the bash at Los Angeles nightspot Shag. Last season’s runner-up Mario Lopez enjoyed some makeout time in the back of the bar with his dance partner-girlfriend Karina Smirnoff. Meanwhile, Heather Mills proved to be a dancing magnet, attracting a group of people (including Ziering) off the dance floor and over to her booth, where they continued the party. Also making the scene (albeit briefly): Lance Bass, who quietly slipped in and out of the shindig, led by a statuesque blonde female.
By REAGAN ALEXANDER, JENNIFER GARCIA and COURTNEY RUBIN