• A solo Rihanna, checking out the wares at Fred Segal in Los Angeles. Later she hit popular nightspot Coco de Ville –also sans beau Chris Brown – where she snacked on cotton candy and shared sweet conversation with friends. But the two got in some couple time the day before: The singer and Brown were spotted at a Beverly Hills Ferrari dealership together.
• Also at Coco de Ville: Leonardo DiCaprio –but he and the pop star did not cross paths. Instead, the actor shied away from attention, focusing instead on his small group of friends – and relaxing. He left the lounge after just an hour.
• Continuing his winning night in Venice – after collecting an award from last year – Brad Pitt enjoyed a poolside dinner at the Hotel Cipriani & Palazzo Vendramin with his Burn After Reading cast. With no signs of partner-in-crime (and costar) George Clooney, Pitt chatted with the film’s director Joel Coen and left before midnight, carrying a drink, sporting an undone bowtie – and surrounded by an entourage of five.
• In Denver for the Democratic National Convention, new parents Jessica Alba and husband Cash Warren ventured out to a Vote Latino event at Vinyl. At the reception, the actress, in a black Juicy dress, mixed politics with girl talk, chatting up Jennifer Lopez and Rosario Dawson. Meanwhile, Dawson left her boyfriend Mathieu Schreyer behind in Los Angeles while she got to work to get out the vote. Not that Dawson – who told us she supports Barack Obama – is telling people how to vote. Nope, next she (and Vote Latino) will visit Minneapolis, where the group will set up shop at the Republican National Convention. (Read more about what all the stars are up to in Denver!)
• High School Musical star KayCee Stroh, registering for her January wedding at Pottery Barn at the Westfield Fashion Square, a mall in Sherman Oaks, Calif. On her list: some furniture and hurricane candles.
• A single Justin Long, dining at Las Vegas’s new Yellowtail Sushi Restaurant & Bar overlooking the Bellagio’s iconic lake. Content with his guy friends as dining companions, the actor dined on tuna pizza, lobster carpaccio and crab rolls.
• By VICKIE BANE, MARK GRAY, MONICA RIZZO and COURTNEY RUBIN
Want to see where the celebrity action goes down? Tour all the Celebrity Hot Spots.